Contacts Not Appearing in Search Results

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Contacts not listed in search results

Postby maximumcap » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:30 am

Hi,

For some reason my contacts in my phone (who all have addresses attached to their contact) are not appearing in the search results on my iPhone version of Waze. I went to the phone settings and to Waze to ensure it had access to my contacts and there is no option listed there. Then I went to privacy and contacts to see if Waze were in that menu, but it is not. Therefore I redownlaoded the app to try again-it did not even request access to my contacts.

I'd really like to be able to search a contact's name in Waze rather than type out their address.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

-Max
maximumcap

Contacts Not Appearing in Search Results

Postby maximumcap » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:33 am

Hi,

For some reason my contacts in my phone (who all have addresses attached to their contact) are not appearing in the search results on my iPhone version of Waze. I went to the phone settings and to Waze to ensure it had access to my contacts and there is no option listed there. Then I went to privacy and contacts to see if Waze were in that menu, but it is not. Therefore I redownlaoded the app to try again-it did not even request access to my contacts.

I'd really like to be able to search a contact's name in Waze rather than type out their address.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

-Max
maximumcap

Re: Contacts Not Appearing in Search Results

Postby tonytx05 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:32 am

Hi Max, first off please don't post the same issue in multiple places in the forum. That just creates unnecessary clutter.

What version of iOS and what model phone are you using? You should be seeing a contacts option if you go to iOS Settings->Waze.
Area Manager: Andrews | Brazos County | Houston

[ img ][ img ]

If you edit in Texas, please make sure you read the following:
USA South Central Region Info | Best Practices | Edits to Avoid
tonytx05
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby Petnek » Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:39 pm

I just tried it on iP6S+ and Waze 4.1.0.0 and for me it´s working. Of course only for contacts with completed address.
[img]https:///3M7TR8[/img]
iP6S+ @ Waze 4.16.0.1
Cars: VW Multivan, Škoda Fabia, Renault Thalia
Petnek

Postby maximumcap » Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:55 pm

tonytx05 wrote:Hi Max, first off please don't post the same issue in multiple places in the forum. That just creates unnecessary clutter.

What version of iOS and what model phone are you using? You should be seeing a contacts option if you go to iOS Settings->Waze.

Sorry about double post. For some reason, I thought the first one didn't go through.

I am using iOS 9.2.1 (up to date) on an iPhone 6 64GB.

My Waze app is up to date. I double checked the Waze settings (see attached screenshot).

As you can see, there is no "Contacts" option under the Waze settings.

Odd, isn't it?

-Max
Attachments
IMG_3848.PNG
(114.44 KiB) Downloaded 11028 times
maximumcap

Postby tonytx05 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:10 pm

Have you tried the instructions here about verifying your phone number?

https://support.google.com/waze/answer/ ... n#Contacts
Area Manager: Andrews | Brazos County | Houston

[ img ][ img ]

If you edit in Texas, please make sure you read the following:
USA South Central Region Info | Best Practices | Edits to Avoid
tonytx05
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby maximumcap » Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:07 pm

tonytx05 wrote:Have you tried the instructions here about verifying your phone number?

https://support.google.com/waze/answer/ ... n#Contacts

Yes. I am completely verified.
maximumcap

Postby JagFanCL » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:53 am

Any success here? My iPhone5 is working perfectly, but my 5s is exhibiting the same exact behavior you're seeing. Settings->Waze doesn't show any Contacts settings. Settings -> Privacy -> Contacts doesn't show Waze. I've verified my phone number multiple times. Reinstalling didn't resolve it, and it never asked me for permission to access my contacts.
JagFanCL

Postby JagFanCL » Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:48 pm

SOLVED! Once Waze asked for permission to access my contacts, everything was solved. The trick was to get Waze to actually *ASK FOR PERMISSION*. That turned out to be challenging. Instructions said that attempting to add friends from contacts would cause the permission grant request, so I figured I'd try that.

Instructions said to go to friends (on V4 for iOS, tap the head in lower right of main map screen) and then click the 'Add Friends' icon, but I couldn't see an 'Add Friends' icon from the Friends pane. I finally found that pretty much by accident; if you swipe down on the Friends pane, the Search and '+' boxes will appear. Press '+', select 'Find friends from contacts', and then Waze will ask for permission. Once I did that, I was able to search contacts directly from the navigation window.
JagFanCL

Postby Chwhitt » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:26 pm

Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.0.0.1

Really can't persuade Waze to look in my contacts for destinations. It will search contacts for friends, but I don't want to set them all as friends. Just want contacts in my destination search.

Help!
Chwhitt

Next

Return to Search