Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Contacts Not Appearing in Search Results

Postby DiablitoJR » Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:17 pm

It's been weeks, months actually and still NOT FIXED. :roll:
DiablitoJR

Postby Jiwein759 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:09 pm

waze people...why is this not fixed???
very frustrating, but clearly you don't care!
Jiwein759

Postby lotero » Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:10 pm

Since version 4 it's not possible to search contacts. Why? I don't know :(

It was very usefull. I hope it become available again...
lotero

Postby AlanNDG » Sun Oct 09, 2016 5:23 pm

This is garbage. There are many apps that provide access to contacts for searching.

Can someone from Waze please provide your users with a simple, clear explanation as to why this is not working now and when we can expect it to be fixed.

Just going silent on this is rather juvenile.

In the meantime, I'm using Google Maps. I navigate to friends and other contact frequently and Waze has become a pain in the rear.

You're owned by Google. Why searching contacts in Android is so difficult is very strange. Almost as strange as the complete lack of explanation on this issue from Waze.
--
Nexus 6P Android 6.0.1
AlanNDG

Postby chuckles4200 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:49 am

Been having the same problem for a long time - Galaxy S6. Hoping it would have been fixed by now. Trying to share a location via any means, and can not access contacts. I do have a short list of contacts that are other wazers that appears, but it will not search/access Contacts. Nor can I select a Contact and drive to it.

When I first started using Waze, it was adding a second contact in my address book, but only duplicating the name. I deleted those. Who wants to see a second contact with a Wazeicon that has no useful information?

Waze was a great standalone app till Google bought them and integrated it with Google Maps. Wazers are providing the info for G Maps users who do not contribute to reports.
chuckles4200

Postby OnMy1stXLT » Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:21 pm

AlanNDG wrote:This is garbage. There are many apps that provide access to contacts for searching.

Can someone from Waze please provide your users with a simple, clear explanation as to why this is not working now and when we can expect it to be fixed.

Just going silent on this is rather juvenile.

In the meantime, I'm using Google Maps. I navigate to friends and other contact frequently and Waze has become a pain in the rear.

You're owned by Google. Why searching contacts in Android is so difficult is very strange. Almost as strange as the complete lack of explanation on this issue from Waze.

I agree 100%!

Rooted LG-H901(V10)
OnMy1stXLT

Postby iedutz » Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:04 am

come-on Waze! what the hack? the bug is reported from so long time and there is no fix!
what are you doing? people will start migrate to other applications !!!
iedutz

Postby JulieEwHappy » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:27 pm

My husband's contacts come up on his Waze app... but mine don't. I always have to copy an address from contacts and paste it into Waze. What can I do to have Waze access my contacts?
JulieEwHappy

Postby vince1612 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:30 am

JulieEwHappy wrote:My husband's contacts come up on his Waze app... but mine don't. I always have to copy an address from contacts and paste it into Waze. What can I do to have Waze access my contacts?

Check in your phone's privacy settings to see if you granted access to your contacts for Waze.
If that option doesn't appear there, go back in the Waze app and try to add friends, share drives or locations with people by going into the "Friends" menu, "Share drive" (available once you start navigating to a location) or clicking the share icon next to a saved location in your app.
At least one of these should trigger a pop-up asking you for access to your contacts list, after that you should be able to grant Waze access to your phone's contact list and the option will appear in the privacy settings for the app.

As far as I know once that access becomes visible and allowed for the app it should work as it does for your husband. But it can remain hidden before you try to perform one of the actions I mentioned above.
[ img ]
Wiki & Forum: Wiki CH (D) (FR) | Forum CH (D) (FR) (I)
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby JulieEwHappy » Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:25 pm

Thanks! That worked!
JulieEwHappy

PreviousNext

Return to Search