Contacts Not Appearing in Search Results

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Contacts Not Appearing in Search Results

Postby Hawk1911 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:14 am

Even after following the FAQ I have been unable to add ANYONE from my contacts (because none of my contacts are showing up) and I can't even manually add the phone number into the "add contact" location either. Galaxy S5. My friend who's the one who suggested this app to me is also having the same problem.

My issue is that this app is on the very device that has all of my contacts on it, the contacts that pertain to my phone so why is it that giving access to this app for some reason does not produce this function properly? Why do I ALSO have to sync my data to Google, which I do not wish to do?
Hawk1911

Postby Rodrigo-RSW » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:09 am

Nice...!
Rodrigo-RSW

Re: Contacts not listed in search results

Postby Courtyard » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:56 pm

same issue with ios 10.2.2 on iPhone 6, 6s and iPad mini 4 running Waze 4.19.1.0
Copy and paste still works but, yeah this is pretty lame of Waze to not address and fix the issue.

maximumcap wrote:Hi,

For some reason my contacts in my phone (who all have addresses attached to their contact) are not appearing in the search results on my iPhone version of Waze. I went to the phone settings and to Waze to ensure it had access to my contacts and there is no option listed there. Then I went to privacy and contacts to see if Waze were in that menu, but it is not. Therefore I redownlaoded the app to try again-it did not even request access to my contacts.

I'd really like to be able to search a contact's name in Waze rather than type out their address.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

-Max
Courtyard

Postby driver42 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:37 pm

That solution worked for me too, after updating to a new iPhone, and apps are all asking for new permissions to access resources, but Waze didn't, for address searches. This is pretty nuts you guys. That is a very obscure way, to get around to allowing access to Contacts. You need an option in settings for this.
driver42

Finally got "add friends" to display my contact list

Postby Craig-S » Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:17 am

I have been trying for so long to get the "add friends" feature to work with no luck and my wife had no trouble on her android phone. I finally compared my wife's phone settings to mine and figured out a way to get my contacts to show up. My wife and I are both using a Galaxy S7.

Here is what I had to do:
- Go to Settings
- Go to Accounts
- Go to Google
- Select the google account that had my contacts
- Turn every item on (originally I only had contacts and gmail ON)
- Exit
- Start Waze
- Go to Friends
- select the '+' sign
- select "find friends from contacts" and magic happened and my contacts finally showed up after months of frustration and searching.

I am not sure which setting actually worked, but when I turned all on it worked so I called it good.

Maybe it will help someone else. Good Luck!
Craig-S

Postby annekebeemsterboer » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:52 pm

Samsung Galaxy S7. Android 6.0.1
The next thing worked for me:
Sync all you contacts to your Google-account
Go to Settings -> Accounts -> Google.
Make sure Contacts is enabled.
Tap More in the upper right corner and tap Sync now.

After I did this, Waze finally synced my contacts.

Hope it works for anyone else.
annekebeemsterboer

Postby ancho85 » Tue May 02, 2017 2:59 pm

I'm having the same issue. All my contacts are synced to google (in the contact list all of them appears "Connected via Google") and Waze only shows about 10 out of 150 contacts. I was trying to send an invite to someone and this is keeping me from sending it. I've tried removing "Contacts" permission from the app in order to rescan again but it always shows the same 10 contacts. Using Samsung Galaxy S7 and Waze version 4.22.1.0 (Android)
ancho85
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby OspreyJim » Sat May 27, 2017 2:32 pm

Seems pretty clear this feature is not working. I'm not able to find a contact that I KNOW is in my list. Changing settings doesn't seem to help.
OspreyJim

Re: Can't add a friend who is a Waze user

Postby jgorman0 » Sun May 28, 2017 9:07 pm

girl_in_joy wrote:Waze­ displays contacts th­at are synced to a Go­ogle account, meanin­g if any contacts are­ saved in another pla­ce, Waze will not rea­d them. Ensure­ you've synced your c­ontacts with a Google­ account so that all ­your contacts will ap­pear properly in Waze­.

This worked for me. I had no Google Contacts so I added one, synced the contact to my phone. Went back to Waze and my Google Contact was displayed in the Search Results. Thanks.
jgorman0

Postby gurusonwheels » Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:01 am

i send invites but it only sends a sms to the friend with a link to the android store .
there is no way to accept the invite .
gurusonwheels

PreviousNext

Return to Search