Contacts Not Appearing in Search Results

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Contacts Not Appearing in Search Results

Postby Forrest2b » Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:24 am

I resolved this by going to 'My Waze' (click on your profile) then My Friends --> click the (+) sign --> 'Find friends from contacts'

That prompted me to allow access to my contacts, and now they are synced again.

Tony
Forrest2b

Unable to Add Friends

Postby awk1985 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:34 pm

I am a new user to Waze (have used it for roughly a week now) and installed it based on reviews from friends. Now that I have it, I have not been able to add any friends other then Facebook friends which is only two for me. I have at least 3-4 other friends that I know use Waze but my contact list in Waze does not list any contacts. I have taken a friends phone and my phone at the same time and compared them and I do not show up on their list either. I have followed all the steps in the FAQs and I still can't get it to work. A big reason why I started using Waze was to be able to see other friends.
awk1985

Re: Unable to Add Friends

Postby vince1612 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:32 pm

awk1985 wrote:I am a new user to Waze (have used it for roughly a week now) and installed it based on reviews from friends. Now that I have it, I have not been able to add any friends other then Facebook friends which is only two for me. I have at least 3-4 other friends that I know use Waze but my contact list in Waze does not list any contacts. I have taken a friends phone and my phone at the same time and compared them and I do not show up on their list either. I have followed all the steps in the FAQs and I still can't get it to work. A big reason why I started using Waze was to be able to see other friends.

Please read the previous posts in this thread and see if that helps to troubleshoot the issue.
[ img ]
Wiki & Forum: Wiki CH (D) (FR) | Forum CH (D) (FR) (I)
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby jr1982jr » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:42 pm

awk1985 wrote:I am a new user to Waze (have used it for roughly a week now) and installed it based on reviews from friends. Now that I have it, I have not been able to add any friends other then Facebook friends which is only two for me. I have at least 3-4 other friends that I know use Waze but my contact list in Waze does not list any contacts. I have taken a friends phone and my phone at the same time and compared them and I do not show up on their list either. I have followed all the steps in the FAQs and I still can't get it to work. A big reason why I started using Waze was to be able to see other friends.
I don't have Facebook and all of my friends are from my address book. Is this not working for you?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
jr1982jr
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5

Postby MarvinRossNinja » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:25 am

I have been fighting the issue of Waze accessing my contacts since an IOS update a few months ago which forced me to reset my iPhone SE. Open Waze and click on the circled icon on the right with a white head and shoulders. Down near the bottom it should say something like Find Friends From Contacts. Sorry I pushed it and can't get back to it to see what it actually says. But this solved the issue. I can now type in a friends name in the Where To window and off I go.

I hope this helps others as it sure has been a major pain for the past few months.

Boulder Marv
MarvinRossNinja

Postby fulfil » Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:21 pm

i got the same pblm with ios12 ... iPhone XR :cry:
I'll try to reset and do the same manipulations. i'll let you know guys.
Le roi du e liquide et de cigarette electronique ... sinon je fais aussi du stage de pilotage vrouuum vrouuuumm 8-)
fulfil

Previous

Return to Search