yandex.ru search for russian wazers

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Re: yandex.ru search for russian wazers

Postby csigabiga » Tue May 22, 2012 2:04 pm

Search is server side so there is not much you can do.

While yandex might be an option, there are issues of licensing / legal terms that might prohibit or limit usage of that search engine for commercial purposes in any case.

It would be interesting to get the info - maybe we at Waze can do it ourselves server side (if it is possible and not limiting our client SW).

Please tweet back to @Waze when you see this. Thanks!
csigabiga
Waze Team
Waze Team

Postby csigabiga » Tue May 22, 2012 8:00 pm

Mobile apps is not internet service - so it does not seem to be allowed
csigabiga
Waze Team
Waze Team

yandex.ru search for russian wazers

Postby setosha » Tue May 15, 2012 2:09 pm

Hi just download waze client source coude and can't find where to add adress search provider. Is it server-side functionality?

Google don't know my sity. Bing don't know it to. Fousquare can find popular location but bad in adress search.

So yandex is big russian search system and it can perform adress search so willbe nice to use it in russia. api docs here http://api.yandex.ru/maps/doc/geocoder/ ... params.xml

request exaple:
http://geocode-maps.yandex.ru/1.x/?geoc ... =10&skip=2
setosha

Postby setosha » Tue May 22, 2012 5:18 pm

As thay say in user aggrement QA:

On my site there must be a registered user. Can I use the API Yandex.Maps?
Yes, the Agreement permits the use of API Yandex.Maps on sites to which access is limited enrollment. It is important that the registration was free. You should also make sure that your site does not violate other provisions of the Agreement.

Can I use the API Yandex.Maps on a commercial site?
Yes, you can use the API Yandex.Maps on a commercial site, but only if this site is not inconsistent with a number of restrictions contained in the User Agreement.

In particular, your site should not charge for viewing information on maps, and the charge for the placement of users or advertisers of information on the map you can. For more detailed information read the User Agreement in the appropriate section.

But

Can I use the API Yandex.Maps in applications other than Internet services?
No, it is prohibited User Agreement.

I don't know what do they mean "Internet services". They give API key for integrating they services to JavaScript requests from page (user's browser).

Seems they check some header in api-requsts to determinate page which sends request. And checks the Key.

Also they don't check key for localhost and 127.0.0.1 (for developing purposes) and don't requre key in case of direct request (not from site page JS)

Seems request from users device will be prefered. And phone app which give some online functional can be called "inernet service" in contrast to your server requests.

So what do you think?
setosha

Postby setosha » Wed May 23, 2012 12:24 am

setosha

Return to Search