Search results as I type

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Search results as I type

Postby jujijuji » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:50 am

Hello all,

Was not sure how to contact Waze directly so I am posting here.

My dad uses Waze for his job to navigate and just got a new phone (Galaxy S7 with Verizon). However, the search feature that he uses does not seem to work the same way on his old phone (Galaxy S5). To give you a clearer picture:

While on wifi at home he is able to type an address and as he types multiple address display on the bottom and he can just select one. But, when using 4G data, when he types, nothing shows up. This feature seems to only work while on Wifi?

This is very critical for him because sometimes he doesn't have an exact address. Does anyone have a solution or know what's going on?

I have installed waze on my phone and another but this feature still doesn't work when on data. GPS is on as well. I can provide screenshots if needed.

Please help fix this!

Thank you!
-J
jujijuji

Re: Search results as I type

Postby KTCAOP » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:36 pm

What happens when he hits the search button?
KTCAOP

Re: Search results as I type

Postby CBenson » Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:21 pm

I don't know what to say. The feature worked fine for me yesterday. I tried it today and it doesn't. I can't figure out what changed or how to get it back. Its working for most users. But not me (Nexus 6, with Verizon)(doesn't matter what version of waze I use, I've tried several including the current Android beta and the current version from the Play store). (I briefly had the same issue with a Droid Turbo (same Verizon account), but oddly enough turning off WiFi solved the issue on that phone.)

Completing the search works fine. I just don't get the autocomplete/autofill results as I type search terms.
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

Return to Search