Re: Google Now

Postby cybrslug » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:25 pm

I have selected the map and have only been given the option of
Browser
Chrome
Firefox
Maps
VZ Navigator

For opening the map. I have performed a System Setting> Manage Apps> Reset app preferences and still am unable to set WAZE as the defualt Naviagtion app.

Device Moto DROID RAZR build 9.8.20-72_VZW-8
Android Version 4.1.2
Kernel 3.0.8

Any help would be great. I love WAZE and want to love Google Now
cybrslug

Postby dmcconachie » Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:54 pm

kappen1 wrote:In case you are confused about google now. I'm talking about the traffic cards that show up after you do a local search for a destination or your drive to and from work.

On Android Jelly Bean (4.1+)

How did you set it to use Waze for nav? I couldn't even find that option!
dmcconachie • UK Country Admin • Forum Moderator • Former Global Champ
Nexus 4 • Android 4.3
UK WikiFB PageForum FAQCurrent status
dmcconachie

Postby dmcconachie » Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:05 pm

kappen1 wrote:If you click on the map as opposed to click the navigate button it presents you with a menu of all the navigation programs on the phone. You select Waze then you have the ability to always use Waze or do it just this one time.

Ah right, so using the map intent rather than the navigation one. I really wish Waze devs would register Waze as a nav intent on Android too. Been on at them for a year to do this!
kappen1 wrote:I would like to mention that I haven't found out how to default it back so you can select another one if you click on Always use this program. I'm sure its there somewhere but its hiding from me right now :)

Settings > Applications > Waze > Clear Defaults
Nexus 4 • Android 4.3
dmcconachie

Postby dmcconachie » Wed May 08, 2013 11:06 pm

I spoke to the developer on this recently and he hinted that both the intent and the long/lat mismatch were fixed in an upcoming release.
We'll see.
Nexus 4 • Android 4.3
dmcconachie

Postby gnomed » Wed May 08, 2013 10:38 pm

I guess I will add my voice to this. It is affecting me today.

Waze is version 3.6.0.0

Google Search version 2.4.10.626027

Device is the Nexus 4 (from Google) running Android 4.2.2

If I click the map (on the card within Google Now) and select to open with Waze, Waze will not receive/find the location correctly. In my case this results in a list being presented with a single suggestion that has not title or anything and the list item just says "11717.8 miles Away". Considering I am trying to navigate all of 5 miles to my hairdresser, this is vastly inaccurate. Also, if I click anything other than "back" then the entire app hangs and will not close. I can go home, but I cannot shutdown the waze service; even using the little button in the notification area (only on 4.1+ or something like that).

Strangely, with the same appointment that creates the card in google now; if I try to open a map of the location from the Google Calendar app (instead of Google Now) it works fine (albeit presenting me with a list of similar sounding locations, but at least in the correct vicinity and one of the items was the correct destination). So this is the **same appointment** with the **same data** from the cloud being displayed in 2 apps. In one app (Google Calendar) it works fine with waze, in the other app (Google Now) it doesn't. This points to an issue with Google, but since individual consumers have no chance of reaching google, we have to come bug Waze instead.
gnomed

Google Now

Postby kappen1 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:41 pm

Has anyone figured out how to get google now to give addresses to Waze so that Waze understands them? Currently I can set google now to use Waze for navigation. When I click on the map to start navigating, Waze comes up with a list of addresses to choose from that are no where close to what Google Now was looking at. It does appear that Google Now does present a normal address because it appears to work right with other none google GPS software I have loaded on my device.

In case you are confused about google now. I'm talking about the traffic cards that show up after you do a local search for a destination or your drive to and from work.
kappen1

Postby kappen1 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:59 pm

If you click on the map as opposed to click the navigate button it presents you with a menu of all the navigation programs on the phone. You select Waze then you have the ability to always use Waze or do it just this one time.

I would like to mention that I haven't found out how to default it back so you can select another one if you click on Always use this program. I'm sure its there somewhere but its hiding from me right now :)
kappen1

Postby Laks_s » Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:24 pm

Making Map/Navigation default to Waze on a HTC Thunderbolt (Android 2.3.4)

Settings -> Applications -> App association -> Physical address

Find Waze in the pull down menu and pick Waze as your default.

If you pick the address from your Contact list Waze is your default Navigator.

From your Events in your Calendar if the "Location" is an address you can fire off Waze as your Navigator.
Laks_s

Return to Search