Annoying flashing search icon on bottom left corner

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Annoying flashing search icon on bottom left corner

Postby Smail-It » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:34 pm

Those ads should occur only when you stop at an intersection or behind traffic, right? But those are top banner ads that drop down. And they disappear as soon as you start moving.

I haven't seen the big square ads yet, maybe in the middle of the screen? If they get too irritating, it'll be waving at Wazing again.

Here's to missing the potholes...those ones that people report that are never there.
Smail-It

Re: Annoying flashing search icon on bottom left corner

Postby Smail-It » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:29 pm

Really?

I'd estimate 90 percent of the time I use Waze I do not put in a search. I think search and using Waze for destinations is of very little use. Don't you know where you're going most of the time, anyway? Do you really need a program to show you how to drive home or to work or to a favorite store? For one, it is not a very good destination searcher. It tries to be too creative in alternate routes, and often it is nonsensical in its suggestions. It was conceived to find alternate routes to get around heavy traffic. I don't live in such areas.

What I use Waze for is to mark hazards, anticipate hazards, watch for police spotting, etc. Shared information is far more valuable to me than their search option.
Smail-It

Previous

Return to Search