Voice search language

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Voice search language

Postby kw1nten » Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:00 pm

Recently something changed with the language setting of voice searching in Waze. In the past I was able to do voice searches in dutch, but since a week or two Waze only recognizes English language. When you tap the little red microphone to start the search it shows Google Voice to speech popup which says English at the bottom. I tried searching in the Waze settings but I can only find language options for the navigation instructions. I also tried changing the default Google voice search language. This works when I use speech search outside waze, but in Waze is still only does English. This is not just my device, my girlfriend has the exact same issue since about a week or so. Who knows how to change the speech search language for Waze?
kw1nten

Re: Voice search language

Postby santyg2001 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:42 am

Hi, this is due to the ASR.

Actually Waze is working hard to redesign the different languages and understand the natives.

Sorry for this but you could be for sure what this will came again better and powerful.
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
Santiago
LaSallista - #300lasalle.
santyg2001
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby c21fbd49838a4f3698db973b92317e53 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:56 pm

Thanks santyg2001 for the answer.
Waze has forced English as voice recognition language, and users (like me) lose lots of time trying to find the parameter to set it back to their location language.
After hitting on the red microphone, there should be a message saying that only English is currently available.
This button is now useless in non-English speaking countries.
Removing a feature without warning the users, while keeping it displayed, is unworthy of a company like Waze/Google.
c21fbd49838a4f3698db973b92317e53

Postby predtech007 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:40 pm

For now I use the following workaround: touch the search bar as if you were to write the address (during driving choose passenger - I know not safe but bear with me), then select the microphone icon next to your work proposals just above your keyboard on the right top corner. This is your standard google text input which does recognise your native selected language (I also use dutch and it works without flawlessly).
predtech007

Postby TaranQ » Wed May 22, 2019 5:57 pm

I thought it was me. It used to work so beautifully in Dutch. I even had the idea it had better speech recognition than other apps. And all of a sudden you find yourself searching and searching knowing it was there but no way to get it back. A real shame.
TaranQ

Return to Search