Search returns no results for many addresses

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Search returns no results for many addresses

Postby ahperes » Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:21 pm

I have an iPhone 4S with iOS6. I have had Waze installed for a while but used it today for the first time. I am in the Chicago area.

I typed in several different addresses - home, work, other. Tried to type in major site like Willis Tower. No matter what address or what format it returned "No results Found".

I turned off the phone, then turned it back on, still no change.

Any ideas?

I was hoping to try it out here and use it in a trip to Israel in a month or so but if it won't work here I won't be able to use it anywhere.
ahperes

Re: Search returns no results for many addresses

Postby ahperes » Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:22 pm

AlanoftheBerg

Thanks for the advice, particularly about Israel.

The one thing I hadn't tried was deleting and reinstalling the app. I did that after posting my query.

The app appears to be working now. I get maps and directions, although I have only tried it sitting at my desk at work. I will give it a go on my way home.

Alan
ahperes

Re: Search returns no results for many addresses

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:44 pm

A couple of things:

1. Make sure you are entering a location within 1000 miles. Waze isn't a general purpose nav.
2. Make sure you are entering full name, city, state (if applicable), and country (if applicable)
3. When entering an address, same thing: enter full location detail
4. Israel uses an entirely different Waze infrastructure. It requires a completely different account signup. I think the latest client version will work, but someone else may need to chime in to say for sure. Waze will have to detect you are in Israel and switch to the different infrastructure and will request to be restarted.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | Oregon Project/To-Do List
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone5 - VZ - iOS 7.1 | Waze v3.7.9.925
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Return to Search