Switch to full style
Post a reply

Re: Going to a contact's address is horrible, iOS 12/13

Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:04 pm

While this is not what you want to hear, I can tell you that the US Waze community in general and the region that Washington state is in specifically have an active discussion going with staff about this very issue. We're working with them to make search a more user friendly experience. Alas, I can't give you a timeline as to when this might be rectified.

I would also suggest adding this to the https://waze.uservoice.com/forums/59223-waze-suggestion-box so that they can see it's not just the editing community.

Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:37 pm

Hi there! I'm sorry this has gone unanswered for so long. I'm passing this along to the local editing team in Washington to address the issue.

Going to a contact's address is horrible, iOS 12/13

Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:33 pm

I will often use Waze to go to a contact's address. I type in my contact's name and select it from Waze's list of suggestions.

Then I'm presented with a list of possible exact addresses, presumably because the address I have for the contact doesn't exactly match the addresses that Waze understands (I might have "Ln" in my address book instead of "Lane," etc.).

The problem is that the list of addresses that Waze presents me is horrible.

- Usually the first suggestion is just the city/town that's in the address, which would navigate me to the geographical center of the city, which is horrible.

- Usually the second suggestion is the actual address I want to go to, but this screen doesn't display my contact's address as it appears in my address book, so I have no way of knowing if the street number of the suggestion matches the street number I'm trying to go to, and I have to look up my contact in my phone's address book to confirm, which is horrible.

- The remaining suggestions seem to just try to match some keywords in a horrible, useless way. For example, if I'm trying to go to an address on "97th Lane NE" in "Kirkland, WA" then the bottom four suggestions have nothing to do with 97th Lane and instead just have Kirkland in the names a lot:

"Kirkland Pl NE, Renton, WA" (not even the same city)
"Kirkland Ave NE, Renton, WA" (again, not the right city)
"Kirkland Ave, Kirkland, WA" (why?)
"Kirkland Way, Kirkland, WA" (again, why? just because it has "Kirkland" a lot?)

So this is all horrible. At the very least, it would be nice to display the contact's address on this screen so you could quickly confirm that one of the suggestions is (or might be) right.

I don't know if this is the right place to post this stuff. If it isn't, apologies in advance.

Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:07 am

ehepner1977 wrote:While this is not what you want to hear, I can tell you that the US Waze community in general and the region that Washington state is in specifically have an active discussion going with staff about this very issue. We're working with them to make search a more user friendly experience. Alas, I can't give you a timeline as to when this might be rectified.

I would also suggest adding this to the https://waze.uservoice.com/forums/59223-waze-suggestion-box so that they can see it's not just the editing community.

Thanks for following up. I did post a suggestion, as you... suggested. :)
Post a reply