Gas stations not sorting by distance

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Re: Gas stations not sorting by distance

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:43 pm

Does it matter if you are in nav mode or not (when it screws up or looks correct)?

How about if you select stations via the Navigate vs. the Add a stop feature? (I seem to remember one of those sorts correctly and the other doesn't.)
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | Oregon Project/To-Do List
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone5 - VZ - iOS 7.0.6 | Waze v3.7.9.992
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:27 pm

ottonomy wrote:Does anyone know how long this has been broken and gone unfixed? Is there hope?

I noticed it this summer (July), but didn't post about it when I had figured out the difference in proper sorting. I posted an issue with gas stations not appearing properly in the iOS 3.2.1 thread, but at that time didn't go into more detail cuz I hadn't figured it out yet. If you do search for "gas station distance" you'll find several potentially relevant threads. I didn't take time to wade through them all yet.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | Oregon Project/To-Do List
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone5 - VZ - iOS 7.0.6 | Waze v3.7.9.992
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby enormekever » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:06 pm

Hi pillsbur,

You can set your preferred order yourself in your settings:

Settings -> Gas Stations -> Order by
Regio Manager Noord-Brabant
Setup: HTC One • Android 4.2.2 • Waze 3.7.3.1 • Noord-Brabant, The Netherlands
enormekever
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby ottonomy » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:21 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Does it matter if you are in nav mode or not (when it screws up or looks correct)?

How about if you select stations via the Navigate vs. the Add a stop feature? (I seem to remember one of those sorts correctly and the other doesn't.)

I have been having this same problem, and I think that you have hit on the thing that makes the difference in whether the list sorts properly by distance or not. I am typically in nav mode when I wish to find the closest gas station (and don't really care about price). I thought that the function of the setting to sort by distance was just broken, but I've confirmed that when I am sitting here still at my computer, if I look for a gas station, they sort properly by distance. When I am on the road, and try to add a gas stop, they never do. Does anyone know how long this has been broken and gone unfixed? Is there hope?
ottonomy
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby ottonomy » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:09 pm

If only this bug worked the other way around! When I'm sitting somewhere comfortably, not driving, that's when I'd like to scout for locations with cheap fuel. When I'm rushing to get somewhere and depending on Waze to keep me going the right way, that's when I want to know where the closest fuel is, and preferably in the direction I'm headed. At least now I know my workaround - stop nav, find fuel, resume nav. Ugh. Thanks at least for providing clarification and confirmation on this issue.
ottonomy
Beta tester
Beta tester

Gas stations not sorting by distance

Postby pillsbur » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:24 pm

iPhone 4S and iOS 6.

I needed to stop for gas along my route this morning, but searching for gas stations was frustrating. In my settings, gas stations are supposed to sort by distance, but they kept sorting by price.

Anyone else run into this?

Thanks!
pillsbur

Postby pillsbur » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:10 pm

Hi,

Thanks, but I know that. The problem is it doesn't work. Even when I change the setting to distance, the stations always sort by price.

Does it work for you?
pillsbur

Postby pillsbur » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:06 pm

With further testing, it seems to be inconsistent. Starting out on my commute this morning it seemed to be working, but later in my commute, in an area without gas stations very close by, it failed to sort properly. Just now, at my desk, it seems to be working again.

Will keep experimenting.
pillsbur

Return to Search