Just show me what I search for.

Moderator: Unholy

Re: Just show me what I search for.

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:44 pm

kelemvor33 wrote:Is there a way to just search for what I type and not all the other crap?!?

Nope.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone6 - VZ - iOS 8.2 | Waze v3.9.4
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AndyPoms » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:06 am

What device are you using? Have tab are you getting these results from? When I search for "Home Depot" I get results for Home Depot, maybe one Lowes at the bottom of the list (there are 5 Home Depots and 3 Lowes close enough to be considered local to me)...
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ
AndyPoms
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Just show me what I search for.

Postby kelemvor33 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:42 pm

Argh! This pisses me off so much.

When I ask Waze to search for something, all I want is for it to show me What I Searched For. I don't want Waze to try to be smart and show me things that might be similar to what I searched for. That's not helpful!

If I search for Menards it's because I want to go to Menards. I don't want to scroll through 10 pages of results from Home Depot, Lowes, Ace Hardware, etc. If I wanted to go to one of those places I would have searched for it. I just want to find Menards.

If I want directions to iHop and I search for iHop, just show me the freaking iHops! Don't show me every other restaurant that might serve breakfast food because that's Not Helpful!

I looked for a setting to turn off "Helpful Searching" but didn't find it. Is there a way to just search for what I type and not all the other crap?!?
Last edited by kelemvor33 on Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kelemvor33

Postby kelemvor33 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:39 pm

Well, that's the final straw. Back to Google Nav I go... :(
kelemvor33

Postby kelemvor33 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:15 am

I'm using a S3. When I search for Menards, all I want to see is Menards. I don't want to see any Home Depot, lowes, Ace Hardware, Tru Value, or anything else. If I wanted to go to Lowes I'd have searched for Lowes.

If I searched for something generic like Hardware Store, then random results like that would be fine. But when I search for something and you find an exact match, then those are the only results I want to see.

Because of this, and the crappy UI in landscape mode, I've uninstalled Waze. If either of these things gets fixed, let me know since I like the idea of how it works, I just can't get over the basic issues.
kelemvor33

Return to Search