Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Post by ditchi56
biccies wrote:It may be worth using a different sat nav app, as Waze's "headline" features are somewhat redundant without a constant data connection.
Waze will work adequately without a constant data connection, provided you can (probably on hotel Wifi) load in advance all your day's destinations and (the maps for) the routes between them. While you won't get traffic taken into account, you will (if the local editors are up to scratch) have a more up to date map than any rival SatNav offers. Watch out for "funny" routes though, the router on the phone is nowhere near as good as the one on the server.

But I would certainly want an offline SatNav on my phone as backup. Navfree would be my choice.
ditchi56
Country Manager
Country Manager
Answers: 5
Send a message

Post by ditchi56
Dave2084 wrote:
CTCNetwork wrote: only hindered by dreadful 3G connectivity in Romania.
That sounds like the same problem an O2 user would have in Lincolnshire! :D
(by dreadful I mean non-existent outside of Lincoln)
I've found only small pockets without coverage since I switched from O2 to Three (although admittedly I haven't been to Lincolnshire). Vastly better 3G coverage, for less than half the price :D :D
ditchi56
Country Manager
Country Manager
Answers: 5
Send a message

Post by Jezbod
Same here, used Waze to drive 3000Km in New Zealand over a month and only lost navigation when a road was missing and a main highway junction was not connected correctly, both of which were reported and plotted within 12 hours.
Jezbod
Send a message