Post by Timbones
If you would like to be able to directly add closures to road in your area, please see Permissions to Set Road Closures.

:ugeek:
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 2
Send a message
Timbones(6) • UK Coordinator • Forum Moderator • Closure Monitor
Scripts: WME Colour HighlightsWME Route TesterWME Geometries

Post by Timbones
seriousarsonist wrote:as it is now the season of the glorious twelfth, I am wondering if I should add all the road closures for the various parades, counter parades and protests via WME, the spreadsheet or as an event?
I would still recommend an event sheet for this, as one can see all the closures documented in one place.
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by Timbones
Twister-UK wrote:Just noticed a handful of closures in London that URO was displaying with a "null" end date - e.g. here - and which do appear to be affecting routing (at least based on Livemap/WME Route Checker results).
I don't see them any more. They've either expired, or edited onto the neighbouring segment.

There's rumour that Waze have tweaked something, and that multiple users can now close a road via the app. No idea what the threshold for that is.
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by Timbones
That does indeed look like a closure entered by a user, and Waze is routing around it. Perhaps the threshold for closing a Street is very low?

I shall make some enquiries...
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by Timbones
If you're requesting to have a road closed via the Editor Requests forum,
please supply the necessary details.

Thanks.
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by Twister-UK
Timbones wrote:
wolfsbane2k wrote:FYI, It would appear that app reported closures are now shown in the editor as well, if reported with 'long term' with an expiry year of 1970.
Correct, though they need confirming by an editor before they will have any actual effect on routing.
Just noticed a handful of closures in London that URO was displaying with a "null" end date - e.g. here - and which do appear to be affecting routing (at least based on Livemap/WME Route Checker results). They're also displayed natively in both WME and Livemap as active closures (red no entry sign in the former, and candystripe highlight + closure popup in the latter).

Are these just client-entered closures which haven't really been confirmed but which Livemap and WME are misinterpreting as active, or have they managed to get confirmed without an end date being added and really are active?
Twister-UK
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Chris (not to be confused with Chris or Chris, or even Tim, Stu, or any of the other champs team...)
AM SE England & Shetland Islands, UK Local Champ, WME Beta Tester & ScriptMangler
WME/Livemap enhancement scripts @ GreasyFork

https://chizzum.com/greasemonkey/images/beta.pnghttps://chizzum.com/greasemonkey/images/s0400.pnghttps://chizzum.com/greasemonkey/images/c5s.png

Post by Twister-UK
Timbones wrote:
Twister-UK wrote:Just noticed a handful of closures in London that URO was displaying with a "null" end date - e.g. here - and which do appear to be affecting routing (at least based on Livemap/WME Route Checker results).
I don't see them any more. They've either expired, or edited onto the neighbouring segment.

There's rumour that Waze have tweaked something, and that multiple users can now close a road via the app. No idea what the threshold for that is.
Although all of the ones I found this morning have indeed now expired, there are a bunch of new ones that've been submitted in the past hour or so. I've also found one here which is still present despite having been submitted yesterday afternoon, so it seems a little more persistent than the others...
Twister-UK
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Chris (not to be confused with Chris or Chris, or even Tim, Stu, or any of the other champs team...)
AM SE England & Shetland Islands, UK Local Champ, WME Beta Tester & ScriptMangler
WME/Livemap enhancement scripts @ GreasyFork

https://chizzum.com/greasemonkey/images/beta.pnghttps://chizzum.com/greasemonkey/images/s0400.pnghttps://chizzum.com/greasemonkey/images/c5s.png

Post by WaywardActor
I really don't understand this. Why was the button for reporting closures removed from the app? I live in LA and closures are all over the place. I used waze a couple of days ago and it TWICE routed me to closed roads!!! This makes the app so much less useful. What is going on?
WaywardActor
Send a message

Post by wolfsbane2k
FYI, It would appear that app reported closures are now shown in the editor as well, if reported with 'long term' with an expiry year of 1970.
wolfsbane2k
Send a message
Mondeo Driver, lurking somewhere on the M27 but no longer editing.

Post by wolfsbane2k
Timbones wrote:
wolfsbane2k wrote:FYI, It would appear that app reported closures are now shown in the editor as well, if reported with 'long term' with an expiry year of 1970.
Correct, though they need confirming by an editor before they will have any actual effect on routing.
Is confirming something tat is again limited to lvl 5/6 editors? I found dmy own reported closure this morning, but didn't think to try and fiddle with it as am out of date with recent changes
wolfsbane2k
Send a message
Mondeo Driver, lurking somewhere on the M27 but no longer editing.