Forum rules
The place to ask for help when editing in the UK.

Map Editing Guidelines . Join the UK Discord Server

Map Raid: Car Parks!

Post by Timbones
Back in February, I posted the thread on not mapping car parks. At that time, there were nearly 11,000 car parks without a name. I also posted a list of the top 80 cities.

Now, thanks to the concerted efforts of our editing community, this number is down to 8,658! That's nearly 2,400 car park which have been properly named or deleted in one month. Well done to everyone who's participated so far. :)

There's still a lot more to do, so I'm setting this up as a long term Map Raid. I'll periodically post progress reports, and update the list of cities in the second post below that need the most attention.

Please refer to the original thread and the Wiki for guidelines on (un)mapping car parks. Any questions about how to map car parks should be posted to that same thread. If there's any particular area you'd like to focus on, you can request to be a temporary Area Manager while you sort it out.

Let's do this!

:mrgreen:
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 2

POSTER_ID:1445148

Send a message

Post by Timbones
Here are the top cities, with links that will show a list of car parks that need to be addressed. Each car park is linked to its exact location in the editor. Once you've dealt with all the ones in an area, press the 'Request refresh' button at the bottom, and move on to another.

:arrow: Cities with Unnamed Car Parks

Go forth and conquer!
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
Timbones(6) • UK Coordinator • Forum Moderator • Closure Monitor
Scripts: WME Colour HighlightsWME Route TesterWME Geometries

Post by Timbones
Another day, another tool to help you find those pesky car parks...

Here is a new page that shows Car Parks by AM Area - you can probably work out which ones might be yours. Clicking on an area name will show first a list of car parks with no city set, and then a list of cities with unnamed car parks.
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by Timbones
Update: Today we're down to about 6,800 - well done everybody!

I've slightly broadened the criteria for 'unnamed car parks' to also include anything with a [P], those without a city, and some common supermarket names.

We could do with getting some more editors involved in this project, so if you happening to be talking to another editor via chat, UR or PM, please share this thread with them.

:)
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by Timbones
We're now into May, and it's nearly 3 months since we started this Map Raid. The number of outstanding car parks is down to 3,800, which is a lot less than what we started with.

Great work everyone! Let's see if we can get that halved by the end of the month...

:mrgreen:
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by Timbones
We're now into the "long tail", with less than 3,000 car parks left in my list. There's a handful of cities left with over 20 car parks that needs sorting out, with much smaller numbers in the remaining cities.

Of the 32 "Join the map raid" URs I sprinkled around the country, all but 2 have been fixed.

If you would like to have edit rights for an area to deal with the car parks, please get in touch.
Also, if you're finished with a temporary area, please let us know.

Area Managers: If you want to see all of the outstanding car parks in your areas, you can probably find your personal area in this list.

:)
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by Timbones
Because I happened to have 5 minutes to spare, I've added Unnamed Car Parks by County.

:ugeek:
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by Timbones
There's still quite a few of these fellas left...

I suspect they are going to be mostly scattered and isolated now, so I think that once we've got rid of those cities with 5 or more car parks we'll call it a day.
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message