Post by CTCNetwork
Hi,

There is, of course, the hotel bar... :D

Des. . . ;)
CTCNetwork
Send a message

Post by CTCNetwork
Hi,

Talking about said conference. Who do we badger for "expenses"?

I would agree that a "summary" or what was discussed to be available to those interested (after signing a decree in blood to never ever ever disclose anything whatsoever) would be appreciated.. :0
I hope that Tim's soon is alot sooner than our usual Waze "Soon".. :D

Des. . . ;)
CTCNetwork
Send a message

Post by Dave2084
Just rang the Hotel and they have plenty of parking but ... £10 a night.
(or so the man at the hotel says!)
Dave2084
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
iPhone 12 Pro Max • iOS 15.x • Waze 4.x
Level 6 Editor • iOS Beta Leader • Waze Global Champ (Retired)

Post by Dave2084
The meal is now booked for 8pm the Bombay Wok.
The table is for 20 and booked under the name 'Waze'.

This was chosen after much discussion amongst the CAs for several reasons:
1. It is reasonably close to the hotel
2. Well rated on trip-advisor
3. As a Chinese-Indian fusion restaurant hopefully there will be something for everyone!

Take a look at the website and if you can make a decision between one of the set menus or the normal menu then post back here, the restaurant wanted an idea how many would eat of the set menu.

Bombay Wok
104 - 108 Hanworth Road,
Hounslow central,
London,
TW3 1UF
0208-577-9087
Dave2084
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by Dave2084
Whatever happened to tapatalk? ... it used to work just fine (going back a few YEARS).

I've not tried the shiny new version (and probably won't now) but the outgoing version was useless. I deleted it a few months ago and found it easier to just use chrome on my phone.
Dave2084
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by davidg666
Twister-UK wrote:I can't remember if I ticked the box on the form for the Friday evening do, but I definitely won't be able to make it, so nothing for me :(
Nothing for me either, thanks. I shan't be arriving until 2200..2300 (depending on the plane) so I may crawl in the door and say hi if it's not too late, otherwise I'll see ye all on the Saturday morning.

++David \ davidg666
davidg666
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Answers: 1
Send a message
Country manager and local champ for Ireland

Post by ditchi56
I've sent in a registration.

Is it possible to see a list of registrations? - people may like to check that their names have made it through the system.
ditchi56
Country Manager
Country Manager
Answers: 5
Send a message

Post by ditchi56
I think I'd be inclined to agree that a restaurant may be a better option, unless we can find a pub with a private room?
ditchi56
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by ditchi56
Well it probably is the wrong place, but the conference will be a good place to discuss how Waze works.

My understanding, and hopefully someone will pick me up if I'm wrong, is that at present Waze has no idea about speed limits. It just has historical records which enable it to deduce the normal speed for each road, for each direction, and for different times and days of the week if it has enough data. Traffic should show if and only if Wazers are currently moving along the road at significantly slower than the historical norm.

So if traffic normally flows through the tunnel at 18mph, it should need to be significantly (the precise definition of "significantly" being complicated, and probably a commercial secret) slower before Waze flags "traffic". On the other hand, if there are times of day when the tunnel is normally clear and the speed limit is regularly flouted, Waze may well flag "traffic" if someone sticks to it.

Ian

PS thanks for the edit Iain. A timely reminder for those of us attending the conference, as well as Beta testers, that anything we learn this way about Waze plans should be kept confidential and not mentioned on a public forum - even when it's only catching up with a feature that rival SatNav's have provided for years :(
ditchi56
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message
Last edited by ditchi56 on Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post by ditchi56
Unfortunately anything that hasn't already been publicly announced has to be treated as confidential. So you had to be there. :(

All I can publicly say is that I thought some of the developments that Waze talked about for the medium to long term sounded promising to me. And that we were able to put some of our points over on subjects like displaying railways on the app - not saying that any notice will be taken but at least Waze know our views.

Ian
ditchi56
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message