Post by CTCNetwork
Hi,

Not sure whether it is Waze's implementation of the information they are being given by Elgin or just rubbish information from them.
Their webside has the reports on a map app type thingy: Linky

Maybe we should send critical emails to Elgin about the rubbish data they are spreading...: Elgin

I sent a critical email.. :)

Des. . . ;)
CTCNetwork
Send a message

Post by Daniel_w_
Elgins Reports on the A27 in Chichester, which are highly annoying!
Daniel_w_
Send a message

Post by Dave2084
It's bad enough that the map is littered with roadworks reports for things that aren't there, now I am starting to see traffic Jam reports that are long since gone. This is best left to the Wazers.
IMG_1004.PNG
(181.69 KiB) Downloaded 954 times
Dave2084
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
iPhone 12 Pro Max • iOS 15.x • Waze 4.x
Level 6 Editor • iOS Beta Leader • Waze Global Champ (Retired)

Post by ditchi56
I came across Elgin reports for the first time today. I think they have the potential to be useful, but so far they've been useless clutter. For example....

this one may possibly have had some useful information, but it's so truncated that I can't work out what it was trying to tell me.
info text truncated making report useless.jpg
(24.61 KiB) Downloaded 2645 times
and this one looks as if it refers to roadworks that finished 11 months ago - certainly there was no sign of any roadworks today
info text truncated making report useless.jpg
(24.61 KiB) Downloaded 2645 times
ditchi56
Country Manager
Country Manager
Answers: 5
Send a message
Attachments

Post by ditchi56
This report https://editor-beta.waze.com/en-GB/edit ... em=3000440 has two problems.

Firstly it seems confused as to whether it is the on-slip or the off-slip which is to be closed.

Secondly, the length of time seems to be excessive for resurfacing a short stretch. I suspect that the intention is to close it for one or two nights only during the period, but without knowing which nights I can't sensibly update Waze.
ditchi56
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by ditchi56
EWK333 wrote:The works here on the A658 finished some time ago.

I would be great if we were able to remove or edit these
Would be nice if editors had control, wouldn't it? But you can "not there" it on the app if you drive past. Not sure how many "not there"s are required to delete it.
ditchi56
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by ditchi56
NorfolkMustard wrote:"elgin" isn't a person, it's the name of an amalgamated and automated feed of data from councils/utility companies etc.
Electronic Local Government INformation

Think the whole system covers more than just the road and traffic stuff we are concerned with.
ditchi56
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by ditchi56
whyte46 wrote:So whats meant to happen with these reports cluttering the map
[Elgin] Road closure for bridge inspection. Emergency access will be maintained at all times.
Baldersby To Skipton Bridge
Street: A61 Baldersby To Skipton Bridge
To: Thu Dec 15 2016, 15:30
Most of this thread is about Elgin hazard reports cluttering on the app map.

This one is different animal. It's an MP (Map Problem), a sort of report which appears only on WME (Waze Map Editor, the webpage), and doesn't appear on the app. It's saying that a specific road will be closed at some time in the future. What should happen here is that an editor should add the closure to the Waze map, and then close the MP by flagging it "road closure added". I would suggest that you do this yourself, except (1) you need to be Level 3 to input any closure, and (2) this particular road is locked to level 4, so you'd need to be L4 to close it. :( So I've actioned this one.

In general, if you come across a closure MP that you think should be processed, it's would be helpful if you could draw it to the attention of someone who can process it. One way would be to post to the UK Editor Requests forum. Possibly the local AM (Area Manager) may prefer to deal with closures him/herself, so it might be as well to PM the AM before trying the forum. (If you select a road segment, you should then see an option to "get the list of area managers" appear at the bottom of the panel on the left with the segment details.) You may find the local AM scans regularly for closure MP's and doesn't need/want your help, so you'll have to play it by ear.

Ian
ditchi56
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by EdinburghEngineer
The Elgin data is great for Edinburgh but is confusing colleagues as they get routed through roads Elgin is reporting as closed. I'd quite happily convert the closures to real closures but not an L3 yet by a long way.

I feel the local data hasn't been updated particularly well in Edinburgh and would like to make a difference and get the closures in (if only for my own driving sanity). It would be great if roads near an Elgin report didn't need an L3 editor to apply the closure..... No point double reporting to the forum, or we may as well point the Elgin feed there
EdinburghEngineer
Send a message

Post by EWK15
There's a bunch of Elgin reports in the Leeds/Bradford area, seemingly legacy from past works mostly.
Then there is this one which gives a contact name, extension number, and construction instructions..
EWK15
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
Attachments