Post by womble_lancs
For months and months, I have been cursing 'Elgin', who I assumed was some over-enthusiastic person trawling through council websites looking for future roadworks. I couldn't believe it when I was on holiday and saw Elgin was reporting roadworks all over the country. I came on this forum specifically to find out how to report him/her for creating so many false reports, having seen another user commenting under one report with 'Why are you lying?'. Now, having found this thread, I realise that it's an automated system, and not a single user at all. It doesn't stop me cursing it, though.

I've read the other posts on this thread and just want to add my frustration about notification of roadworks which are:

1. not there
2. have never been there
3. have no sign of ever going to be there

I have clicked 'not there' on some of the notifications on several occasions, and they disappear, only to reappear on the map a minute later. Sometimes, the notification doesn't pop up at all when you drive along the route, and sometimes they are showing as being on the other side of the road, so it wouldn't pop up anyway.

What would be really good, would be the ability to click on any of the Elgin reports, regardless of which side of the road I'm on, so that I can 'not there' it.
womble_lancs
Send a message