Post by jsimo01
This is the first one:
https://world.waze.com/editor/?lon=1.72 ... TTTTTTTTFT
This is another:
https://world.waze.com/editor/?lon=1.72 ... TTTTTTTTFT

I don't think deleting them is a good idea, but that is a personal preference.
jsimo01
Send a message

Post by jsimo01
Ok, will make sure I do that.

Thanks
jsimo01
Send a message

Post by leocylau
Yes, let the motorwazers give their ideas.
dknight212 wrote:Given the risk of routing cars onto bus lanes I think we should continue the policy of not mapping them (or at least mapping them as no entry).
One thing I'm struggle to map them as no entry. If the bus lane marked as 'no entry' is one of the exit of a roundabout, it wouldn't be counted as the exit. In this case for motorcylist, the bus lane should be counted.
Furthermore, if it is 'no car lane', for e.g. https://world.waze.com/editor/?zoom=7&l ... =137375575, I'll mark it as one way and then mark 'no entry' on its continuous segment. Not sure if it is good idea.
leocylau
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 3
Send a message
UK WikiUK Forum

'For I am not seeking my own good but the good of many, so that they may be saved.' 1 Cor. 10:33b

GC•Newcastle upon Tyne AM•HK CM•Localisation Coordinator

Post by leocylau
dknight212 wrote:Or maybe just a short stub off the roundabout?
Yes, I have done on some roundabout already. It normally happens in front of bus terminus. Like this one: https://world.waze.com/editor/?zoom=7&l ... =145632213
leocylau
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
UK WikiUK Forum

'For I am not seeking my own good but the good of many, so that they may be saved.' 1 Cor. 10:33b

Post by leocylau
An other way I can think of is to allow us to choose what type of vehicle we use and add no car line, bus only, no heavy vehicle, etc. I remember there is a thread somewhere to discuss this.
leocylau
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
UK WikiUK Forum

Post by Timbones
Here's one way to look at it: if we force motorcyclists to follow the same route that cars have to, then they will still get to their destination. The bus lanes are only shortcuts for them, and probably aren't needed most of the time. If they are local and know the area, then they'll take the shortcuts anyway, and Waze will update the route as it goes.

I think the risk of routing a car the wrong way significantly outweighs the occasional benefit to a motorcyclist.

Savvy?
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 2
Send a message
Timbones(6) • UK Coordinator • Forum Moderator • Closure Monitor
Scripts: WME Colour HighlightsWME Route TesterWME Geometries

Post by Timbones
gettingthere wrote:'no entry' if the default state of roads that will get updated directionality as Wazers drive the road.
Will locking the segment prevent it from being updated? If not, then this means that when motorcyclists do go down the bus lane, it may get opened up to other road users too.

Best solution for this is perhaps to make the road 1-way, but disconnected from the entry junction. This should allow correct routing for any motorcyclists that decide to take a shortcut.
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by Timbones
I'd suggest making it a Private Road, at least. This would have a very high routing penalty. Disallowing turns into the segment and making the direction 'unknown' is also recommended.

via mobile
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by TonyG-UK
dmcconachie wrote:
leo_lau wrote:An other way I can think of is to allow us to choose what type of vehicle we use and add no car line, bus only, no heavy vehicle, etc. I remember there is a thread somewhere to discuss this.
It's in the roadmap. Vehicle type in the nearer term, routing according to type probably further out!
Here's my idea of how this should work:
  • - The client should have multiple vehicle profiles, with type/limits/icon user definable
  • - For each vehicle profile the client should average the journey time against ETA, and then scale the ETA accordingly, so that the ETA becomes more accurate over time, taking into account the driving style and vehicle performance.
TonyG-UK
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/6/69/W ... 00k_5c.png
UK Country Manager. Area manager: Wiltshire, UK