Forum rules
The place to ask for help when editing in the UK.

Map Editing Guidelines . Join the UK Discord Server

[Script] WME Validator Localization for United Kingdom

Post by Timbones
What is WME Validator?
This script validates a map area in Waze Map Editor, highlights issues and generates a very detailed report with Wiki references and solutions (more info). The list of validations can be found here.

What is WME Validator Localization for United Kingdom package?
Localization package is a script that tunes WME Validator up for United Kingdom.
The script can enable/disable checks, set params and exceptions.

In United Kingdom, it mainly checks for incorrect names and abbreviations on streets.

Important Note 1: This is not the final version of this package, and there may be some checks that are missing or incorrect. Please post feedback and suggestions below, and check back for updates.

Important Note 2: Remember, not everything that Validator highlights is necessarily an error or needs to be fixed. Consider the these to be advisory warnings only.

How to install the WME Validator Localization for United Kingdom package?
  1. Install the required WME Validator (if not installed - Firefox requires the User Script Manager below to be installed first)
  2. Install the required User Script Manager for your internet browser (if not installed)
  3. Install the script from WME Validator Localization for United Kingdom
  4. Launch the User Script Manager Dashboard (Tampermonkey/Greasemonkey) and make sure WME Validator Localization for United Kingdom script is there.
  5. (Re)load Waze Map Editor
Happy editing!

:ugeek:
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 2

POSTER_ID:1445148

Send a message
Timbones(6) • UK Coordinator • Forum Moderator • Closure Monitor
Scripts: WME Colour HighlightsWME Route TesterWME Geometries

Post by jonnaz
SteveSnail wrote:
whyte46 wrote:I have followed the installation instructions for Chrome but when I am in the editor nothing appears different, I have checked an both scripts are running
I think there's currently an issue with the script in that it got broken when the last update to the editor was implemented. Mine's not working at the moment either...
In Chrome to a Hard refresh(cmd + shift + R/ctrl + shift +R) followed by a normal refresh (cmd + R/ctrl + R), that started it working for me.
jonnaz
Map Editor - Level 1
Map Editor - Level 1
Send a message

Post by lsin023
@Jack
The script v1.9 needs to be updated by Tim..

@Tim
If the Wiki UK is correct then..
"Val" could be replaced by "Valley"
"Grove" appears twice
"Boulevard", "Broadway", "Circus", "Mount", "Ridge" could be added.. ;-)
lsin023
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by PropertyGeek
Are you aware that the links might be wrong?

For example the abbreviations link goes to wazeopedia.waze.com/wiki/United_Kingdom/Roads#Abbreviations which has a 404
PropertyGeek  
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by SteveSnail
whyte46 wrote:I have followed the installation instructions for Chrome but when I am in the editor nothing appears different, I have checked an both scripts are running
I think there's currently an issue with the script in that it got broken when the last update to the editor was implemented. Mine's not working at the moment either...
SteveSnail
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Answers: 3
Send a message

Post by SteveSnail
jonnaz wrote:
SteveSnail wrote:
In Chrome to a Hard refresh(cmd + shift + R/ctrl + shift +R) followed by a normal refresh (cmd + R/ctrl + R), that started it working for me.
Unfortunately, it hasn't fixed it for me. I've tried removing and reinstalling the script too
SteveSnail
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by SteveSnail
oh, after a reboot it seems to be working now, I can get back to validating stuff now :-)

edit: and it's stopped working again... :evil:
SteveSnail
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by SteveSnail
Great work Tim, I've missed not having this :-)

One thing I've noticied:
Node B: Non-drivable connected to drivable (slow) (#115)
The non-drivable segment makes a junction with a drivable at node B: wiki
Disconnect node B from all of the drivable segments.
Do we still need to report this? I was under the impression that non-driveable (i.e. footpaths) could now be connected to driveable nodes.

SteveSnail
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by Timbones
Actually, "Valley" is the preferred spelling but we haven't gotten around to updating the Wiki.

"Boulevard", "Broadway", "Circus", "Ridge" are not common enough to warrant abbreviations either.

:ugeek:
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by Timbones
Roads should never start with "onto". Waze says that before the name of the street.
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message