Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Post by Timbones
WME Validator is alive again! See first post for details, and UK localisation plugin. Please reply with feedback if anything needs updating.
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 2
Send a message
Timbones(6) • UK Coordinator • Forum Moderator • Closure Monitor
Scripts: WME Colour HighlightsWME Route TesterWME Geometries

Post by Timbones
SteveSnail wrote:Great work Tim, I've missed not having this :-)
Glad you appreciate it, although nothing to do with me :mrgreen:
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by Timbones
New version uploaded to Greasyfork: v1.12 - now works on all editor URLs, has updated links to Wazeopedia, plus an additional rule for misnamed ramps.
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by titchy_
After having similar errors to Tom I looked at the code for the script and found an error in it.

Basically it was looking at the following sites for a match to run the script:

// @match https://editor-beta.waze.com/*editor/*
// @match https://www.waze.com/*editor/*

I removed the "/"after "editor" in the 2nd one after reviewing the url in my browser. After file > save and then reloading the page it then showed up with a 2 in the tapermonkey icon.

Hope this helps. Not sure if @timbones can change this so new users installing this script don't have the same issue?
titchy_
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor
Send a message

UK Country Manager
Yorkshire • Cumbria • Channel Islands

https://i.imgur.com/nW244c6.png

Post by titchy_
I appreciate the places functionality is in beta form, but at the moment it is flagging most area places and suggesting to make them point places, even though some are way bigger than the minimum 40m2. Can the tolerance be set lower for the UK?
titchy_
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor
Send a message

UK Country Manager
Yorkshire • Cumbria • Channel Islands

https://i.imgur.com/nW244c6.png

Post by TomS03
Hey folks, just installed Validator as I am quite new to WME. I have also installed the UK Localisation script, however, I'm not sure if it's running or not. Are there any visual cues on the Validator tab to suggest that it's running the localiser succesfully? I'm not sure whether it's not picking anything up in my local area because it's not running properly, or because the area is free of errors. Cheers!
TomS03
Send a message

Post by TomS03
atrophicshiner wrote:The easiest way to check is change a road abbreviation to the full word (Ave > Avenue, Rd > Road, etc), the UK localisation should then highlight this segment as needing attention. You may need to refresh WME.

Don't forget to change it back ;)
Hmm, doesn't seem to be highlighting it. I also noticed that the little count on the Tampermonkey logo hasn't increased since installing the script and running WME, despite it appearing in the Dashboard. I'll try and give it a reinstall! :)

Edit: Nope, still no luck. The language selection in settings (English, English US, English UK) doesn't have any effect on it does it?
TomS03
Send a message

Post by TomS03
atrophicshiner wrote: @TomS03, as for the localisation not showing, I'm not able to reproduce the issue, I can only suggest you check TamperMonkey is actually running the script, is it enabled :?:
I don't seem to be having much luck with the Validator at all at the moment :(

I tried running Waze with only the Validator Script and the UK Localisation Tampermonkey script turned on. Tried changing a Rd to a Road, a Ln to a Lane and so on, and it just didn't seem to be picking it up. I also seemed to experience an issue where, when the 'Show Report' did eventually light up, clicking it just opened a about:blank tab. I presume this is a Validator issue and not a Localisation issue, because two people also seem to be recently experiencing this on the Validator thread.

The script isn't just for the Beta editor is it? Because I noticed when you mouse over the waze logo on the Tampermonkey script dashboard, it says "https://editor-beta.waze.com/*editor/*" so I just wondered if this had anything to do with it? Also, another quick observation is that when I'm running WME, the little number on the Tampermonkey logo doesn't show up, like it would do with other scripts to kind of indicate that they're active.

One last thing, should I be using "English (UK)" or "English" on the Language dropdown in settings? I tried with both for the Localiser, in case it had impact, but neither seem to be changing much.

I'll keep an eye on the Validator thread to see what people say about the "about:blank" pages, and I'll keep trying to use the script now and then to see if it fixes itself, but for now, it just doesn't seem to want to play ball!

Edit: Just read this on the script's thread which may or may not explain the "about:blank" I was getting:
berestovskyy wrote:Hi guys,
Two days ago my third child was born, so I am not able to develop Validator at the moment. David has a surgery, so he is also AFK. Justin is too busy with other scrips...

Validator is Open Source, i.e. it belongs to everyone now. Anyone can take the source code and lead the development the way they want, implement the functionality they want or fix the most annoying bug:
https://github.com/WMEValidator/

If you would like to try or know someone who might be interested, please feel free to contact me by email, PM or directly here in the forum. There are lots of fun stuff inside and around the Validator, there is something to learn for whatever your current level is.

I will answer all the question: from which IDE to use, how to use git or what is a getter in JavaScript. I will also help with code review and release engineering.

Please share this info to whatever group/messenger you feel appropriate.

Thanks in advance,
Andriy
TomS03
Send a message

Post by whyte46
I have followed the installation instructions for Chrome but when I am in the editor nothing appears different, I have checked an both scripts are running
whyte46
Send a message
- Ian -

Post by whyte46
I did all that and cleared cache and its working :) now to find what it does lol
whyte46
Send a message
- Ian -