Forum rules
The place to ask for help when editing in the UK.

Map Editing Guidelines . Join the UK Discord Server

UR advice needed...

Post by richardjeeves
Hi All...
Whilst sorting out some UR's tonight I came across this one in the Stoke area...
problem 1.png
(86.46 KiB) Downloaded 320 times
I know it will route via the A53, has I have driven from Shrewsbury to stoke and vice-versa quite a few times. I even used live map to route from the UR location to my postcode in shrewsbury to double check. Not only is the A53 quicker than the M6, it's shorter aswell.
problem 2.png
(178.92 KiB) Downloaded 320 times
How should I reply to this UR. I know the routing works so shall i mark it as 'solved' or 'not identified'...
I don't want to mark it as solved only to get anoher UR, and possibly loose a wazer in frustration. I also dont want to mark it as not identified, as you can see they left an lengthy explination. :?: :?:

Many Thanks
richardjeeves

POSTER_ID:4951084

Send a message

Post by CTCNetwork
Hi,

Routes as you say from the web but does it route from the client?

Tapping "Alternative" may give the A53 option, or more likely a routing server time out.

I suspect that the more major road route is given the priority (M6 over the A53) just because it is a higher priority road.

Would be interesting to know from the UR whether he/she tried to calculate the alternatives.

Otherwise the procedure would be to get your navigation and drive the A53 anyway! That should teach Waze the alternative and preference.

Des. . . ;)
CTCNetwork
Send a message

Post by richardjeeves
Thanks for your replies, I am going to mark it as "not identified" as I don't know if they selected alternative routes. I know routing does work but as you said there may be more penalties on the A53. Also when they get the e-mail reply from the UR it might encourage them to start editing :D

I remember the 1st time I drove Shrewsbury to stoke and back again was in the dark days pre-basemap. Getting a route them was fun :lol: but at least i got a lot of paving done :mrgreen:
richardjeeves
Send a message

Post by Timbones
richardjeeves wrote:I know it will route via the A53, has I have driven from Shrewsbury to stoke and vice-versa quite a few times. I even used live map to route from the UR location to my postcode in shrewsbury to double check. Not only is the A53 quicker than the M6, it's shorter aswell.
I think it could well depend on where in Shrewsbury they are going to. On the LiveMap, the route from Stoke to Hanwood does actually prefer the M6, even though it is actually further and takes more time.

It's possible that the A53 route has slightly more penalties than the M6, which just knocks it into second for certain routes. You could try streamlining the A53 by removing some unnecessary segments (i.e. simplifying T-junctions), but I'm not sure if this will help.

As for the 'Avoid Highways' option not working, well that's something Waze needs to fix.
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 2
Send a message
Timbones(6) • UK Coordinator • Forum Moderator • Closure Monitor
Scripts: WME Colour HighlightsWME Route TesterWME Geometries

Post by Timbones
richardjeeves wrote:Also when they get the e-mail reply from the UR it might encourage them to start editing :D
Except that emails haven't been sent out recently. Waze are looking in to it...
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 2
Send a message
Timbones(6) • UK Coordinator • Forum Moderator • Closure Monitor
Scripts: WME Colour HighlightsWME Route TesterWME Geometries