Post by MatthewJAtkinson2
Ian,

Thanks, I'll have a look next time I'm down there. If I can see both in the app whichever way I'm going, wouldn't just one do?

I will try to take another screenshot next time I'm on that road

Matthew
MatthewJAtkinson2
Send a message

Post by MrSoapsud
It's not uncommon, as at the moment, for there to be temporary SPECS cameras on the A55 in North Wales whilst they do work in 1 of the 3 tunnels. These vary from being active only overnight (see the news report on a load of tickets that had to be cancelled because they forgot) through a few weeks to a few months. Sometimes they arrive a few weeks before they're on and remain a few weeks after they're done. I wonder if they don't have anywhere to store them and so store them where they're last/next in use!
Given the delays in map edits making it through to the client, what would be the guidelines on when/whether to map these? There are a few requests in at the moment for the current ones...
Thanks
Martin
MrSoapsud
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
https://s.waze.tools/c4.png
Area Manager for most of Wales, especially the North West, and some of Herts.

Post by MrSoapsud
Any thoughts, anyone? Similar question applies to temporary speed limits. How long does the limit need to be around for before you change it on the map?
Thanks
MrSoapsud
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by MrSoapsud
Thanks for that Chris. Sounds reasonably sensible.
2 supplementary questions then:
1. I must be stupid as I can't see any reference to Average Speed Cameras in the editor. Perhaps I'm not looking in the right place?
2. The road in question is L4 so I can't change the speed limits on the road, even if I managed to put the right sort of camera in.
I know the positions of the cameras as I put them in PocketGPSWorld's database but I can't exactly remember the locations of the speed limit changes. I don't go along that way frequently but have a colleague who endures it every day, who could probably help.
The current works are scheduled to end by the end of March so only a month to go now. Perhaps it's too late this time? I asked previously about mapping contraflows etc and got the answer of not to bother so perhaps that stuck in my head for roadworks on the A55 in general - will know better next time.
So, to edit or not to edit, and if yes, who at >= L4 will help?
Martin
MrSoapsud
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by MrSoapsud
Ah - right - I understand better now.

As you say, I've probably left it a bit late now but I think I'll put the cameras in as "speed cameras", just to stop anyone else reporting them and to flag them up for people who haven't noticed the big 40 signs!

Next time they're doing something longer than a month (doubtless won't be long...) I'll try and get something ready sooner.

Thanks all for the responses.

Martin
MrSoapsud
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by PealRinger
This has already been released (or perhaps it escaped) in the current iOS version.
Camera zone showing on the left hand side similar to traffic jam info when I drove up the M3 to heading for last weekend's User Conference :)
PealRinger
PartnerCoordinator
PartnerCoordinator
Send a message

Post by PealRinger
atrophicshiner wrote:Toolbox does highlight speed limits
Pantomime time..... "Oh yes it does" :D

It was added as a highlight layer in a while ago now and I have moved to using Toolbox rather than any other script. It shows a coloured line along each side of the segment (dotted line if unverified) which I have found to be better as doesn't interfere with WME Colour Highlights.
PealRinger
PartnerCoordinator
PartnerCoordinator
Send a message

Post by PropertyGeek
Tazatron wrote:I've noticed a 5ish mile stretch of the A2 is marked as average camera zone when in fact only about a mile is actual average cameras. Going east bound the last average camera is where Well Hall Road (A208) goes over the A2. Also West bound this is where the averageing cameras start and not around the Bexley area where the 50mph speed cameras start. Is there anyone who can change this. Even when editting is available I Still cannot change or put this change forward myself at my level. Thanks
Welcome to Waze :)

You can make requests via viewforum.php?f=375

Please see viewtopic.php?f=375&t=47711 pn how to make a request from the editor.
PropertyGeek
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Ron9516
This thread has raised the issue of a new type of speed camera and how we should deal with them.

Previously SPECS (Average Speed cameras) have needed a dedicated "in" camera and a dedicated "out" camera in each direction for each lane of traffic, which made mapping them in Waze easy.

However with the advent of SPECS 3 Vector which only requires one camera to monitor traffic in both directions (One at each end of average speed check zone) on single Carrageway road.

Waze requires that we indicate which direction the camera is facing (to give the correct warning), however theses cameras are bi-directional. So how do we map them?

(The following are 3 different ways of mapping them on the same stretch of road).

One camera both directions. However the downside is Waze wont alert for the camera in 1 of the the directions, however it should indicate the average speed check zone, which should be fine, however it will lead to load of UR for missing cameras.

Two Cameras superimposed on each other I believe that this method will give the correct feedback to the user, however an editor (If they don't zoom in) could mistakenly believe only 1 camera is mapped).

Two Cameras mapped with separation As above, I believe that this method will give the correct feedback to the user, however an editor may remove one of the cameras because there is only actually 1 camera out on the road.

I believe that the mere fact that these average speed check zones are been mapped in different ways indicate the some sort of guidelines/policy needs to be formulated.

So to those editors who have a far better understanding of how this beast works, over to you.
Ron9516
Send a message

Post by Ron9516
Matthew,

I have now changed all the cameras on the 1079 to meet the new guidelines.
Ron9516
Send a message