Post by floppyrod84
Refresh our memories...

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2
floppyrod84
Send a message

Post by floppyrod84
Eww it's inserting smilies. Any chance of a pastebin at all? I will look at this tomorrow but it sounds very promising indeed! :-D

floppyrod84
Send a message

Post by floppyrod84
I've got OS Locator here, and it's bloody helpful with all the fields, locality, town, road ref (A249), and name. Gonna look at this script now, if the editor will work...
floppyrod84
Send a message

Post by floppyrod84
Yeah the script is pretty sweet. Like the possibilities list at the bottom very much!!
Cheeky Request: Would it be possible to integrate these results into the Street Name text entry box as a drop down of some kind?
floppyrod84
Send a message

Post by floppyrod84
Just tried this and it's bloody amazing! Very nice work twister!! Methinks you might be in the wrong job ;-)
All that's needed to put the icing on this amazing cake would be a box visualisation of some sort so we know which one to choose. I assume the script looks at which boxes are covering a point?
I wonder how difficult it would be to give a percentage of the likelihood of which is the correct one next to the results... would need some kind of algorithm which may be beyond the realms of scripting, and very difficult to get right, especially since the boxes aren't always spot on. There's sometimes a teeny extra box where there's no match. No idea why it's like that.
Would a box visualisation layer or overlay even be possible?

floppyrod84
Send a message

Post by floppyrod84
hehehe, true.
Sounds good.
Umm there is a guideline on this. http://www.waze.com/wiki/index.php/How_ ... Kingdom%29

Counties are always added abbreviated at the end of the town/city name in (brackets).
I think the lowest down locality would probably work, so Sheerness, not Swale or Kent.
floppyrod84
Send a message

Post by floppyrod84
Hmm. Best to leave city unpopulated. Would cause problems with possible smudges being rejected by the server, or with editors :-P

floppyrod84
Send a message

Post by floppyrod84
Sounds great, will have a look tomorrow. A little worried about the need to change the city field. I'd rather this was completely done manually, from an experienced editors perspective. Could cause issues if people forget to change it.
Instead of the midpoint option, would it be possible to grab the midpoint for the selected road and... No wait, that won't work either because all relevant segments would need to be selected. Hmm... gonna have to be a visualisation I think.

floppyrod84
Send a message

Post by floppyrod84
Just tested, works a lot better! Nice work (again)!! :D
floppyrod84
Send a message

Post by floppyrod84
Gonna check this out tomorrow but I think my pants just became a little bit wet with excitement :-D

floppyrod84
Send a message