Post by ditchi56
No worries, your work is much appreciated.
Ian
ditchi56
Country Manager
Country Manager
Answers: 5
Send a message

Post by ditchi56
Minor enhancement request from a Firefox user. When the OS Open Data box is checked, the ordnancesurvey.co.uk/opendata/viewer tab that opens has a pageful of guff at the top. Scrolling down to the useful map is not completely trivial, as if you are not very careful you end up scrolling map scale by mistake, resulting in a useless small map of the whole British Isles.

This is only a would-be-nice, but if it's easy, a fix it would be much appreciated.

Ian
ditchi56
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by ditchi56
The link to London roadworks is not working for me - the web page opens but hangs without producing any detail :(
Ian
ditchi56
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by ditchi56
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but it looks like the new Beta version of WME has buggered the script. :( It doesn't open for me at all.
ditchi56
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by ditchi56
I think you're right about it being there. I've disabled all other extension and scripts, and reloaded, and I think I just caught a flash of WMEOpenData. But only a flash, then it disappeared. So whether it's opened or not is moot; it's totally unusable for me on Beta.

Is there anything that I or you can do about it? For the moment, I have an acceptable work-around, which is not to use Beta! But presumably the offending features of Beta WME are likely to drift into the live version, and it would be good if WMEOpenData was working with it before this happens.
ditchi56
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by ditchi56
Nothing to do with v2.42 (it was the same under v2.41 and probably some before that), but clicking the OS OpenData no longer works for me. I do get an OS Open Data web page, but it's just a general introduction rather than a map of the area I'm looking at.
Ian (running Chrome on a Mac)
ditchi56
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by ditchi56
iainhouse wrote:It looks like OS have re-jigged their website and the map that was formerly linked to is no longer available - and believe me I've searched several times. :(
Maybe time to take OS OpenData button off then, since it can't be made to do anything useful? :(
ditchi56
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by dknight212
Dave2084 wrote:Fantastic!

Two little extra's:

1. Add an include for "https://descartesw.waze.com/beta/*"
2. Add a Cartouche Link at it is still a useful tool for fixing roundabouts:

Code: Select all

var cartouche_url = 'http://world.waze.com/cartouche_old/?zoom='+zoom+'&lon='+lon+'&lat='+lat; 
:-)
So that's where the beta is!

David using Tapatalk
dknight212
Send a message

Post by dknight212
Have waze put in place the required notices to use this data?

David using Tapatalk
dknight212
Send a message

Post by dknight212
Or these data if you want to be correct / pedantic.

David using Tapatalk
dknight212
Send a message