I wonder if the checklist for each beta release goes something like this:
- Add snazzy new features that we think are indispensable
- Leave out features everyone has been begging us to include since the dawn of time
- Tweak the UI once again so all the wiki screengrabs have to be redone
- Randomly alter the code/page structure in such a way to break Twister-UK's scripts without actually changing how WME itself behaves
- (Optional extra) Add in extra changes to the internal beta version and then promote it directly to production status without first releasing it for public beta testing, or indeed without apparently performing even the most trivial of in-house testing either...