[Script] WMEOpenData v2.12 (20141118)

Moderators: Unholy, dmcconachie

Re: [Script] WMEOpenData v2.7 (20140701)

Postby Twister-UK » Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:28 am

For anyone who hasn't already noticed, 2.7 was uploaded last night. Unfortunately the same couldn't be said for the corresponding post I'm 99.9999% certain I made at the time... So slightly later than expected, here's the official announcement that 2.7 is now available, addressing the two issues noted above.

Firefox+Greasemonkey version: https://greasyfork.org/scripts/1941-wme-to-os-link
Chrome packaged version: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... mdbdnmcfei
L4 AM for NW London and Shetland Islands - HTC One M8/Android 5.0.1
WME/Livemap enhancement scripts @ GreasyFork and Chrome Web Store
Twister-UK
Area Manager
Area Manager

Re: [Script] WMEOpenData v2.8 (20140717)

Postby Twister-UK » Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:11 pm

2.8 introduces the Primary Road Network highlighter option, using the PRN data distilled from the VectorMap District dataset.

Similarly to how the Locator data is handled, the PRN data is stored in 20km x 20km blocks which are loaded from my server and then cached locally as you pan around the map. Blocks are removed from the cache if not accessed in the last 10 minutes. Note that when a new PRN block is requested from the server, the script doesn't automatically redraw the PRN layer after the block has successfully loaded, so if the highlighting appears to have stopped short of where you'd expect it to stop, please try moving the map view slightly to force a refresh of the highlight layer. Having said that, sometimes the PRN really does stop short of where you might think it would :shock:

Note also that there are the occasional very short isolated segments which have been defined as PRN in the VectorMap District data, but which are not shown as part of the PRN in other OS data. So far all the ones I've seen have been completely obvious, so there doesn't appear to be any risk in leaving them in the data (and besides, I can't really be arsed to manually proof-read all of the data :lol: )

Firefox+Greasemonkey version: https://greasyfork.org/scripts/1941-wme-to-os-link
Twister-UK
Area Manager
Area Manager

Re: [Script] WMEOpenData v2.9 (20140723)

Postby Twister-UK » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:43 pm

2.9 automatically refreshes the PRN highlight as data is received from the server. It also now moves the PRN and bounding box overlays in sync with the native WME layers as the map is panned.

This latter change was spurred on by Tim's suggestion above, and although I couldn't get native layers working reliably enough for the needs of WMEOD, having seen how nice it looked having everything moving in sync I figured there had to be some way to emulate it in my own code. And as it happens, there was. It's been staring me right in the face every time I edit the code, and I can't believe I hadn't figured it out a long long time ago (though not necessarily in a cluster of star systems placed at some distance from our own...).

As a background update which also applies to 2.8, I've also generated a full set of "dummy" PRN data blocks to fill in the gaps within the OS grid area which don't have any PRN data and where, therefore, no blocks had been generated by the VMD parser. Without these dummy blocks WMEOD would throw a wobbler if you panned across into an area of the map which required it to try loading one of these non-existent blocks...

Twister-UK
Area Manager
Area Manager

Re: [Script] WMEOpenData v2.8 (20140717)

Postby Twister-UK » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:53 pm

Timbones wrote:Twister - if you added your green PRN highlight as an OpenLayer, the it would pan with the rest of the map. See my Route Tester script for an example of how to do it. Look for references to WMERC_lineLayer_route...

Thanks for the suggestion, it seemed like the perfect solution and all was going oh so well until I tried to maintain the correct z-indexing when the satellite imagery layer was turned on...

Try as I might, I couldn't work out how to keep the PRN and bounding box layers below the road layer but above the satellite layer - it's as if they were both stuck on the same z-index, so either I ended up behind them both or in front of them both, neither of which were workable results.

Throw into the mix the way the layers would shift themselves around every time you saved a change, requiring a hook into the save event so that the layer indices could be rescanned, and I came to the conclusion that it was easier just to stick with the existing way of doing things. Still, 'twas a useful bit of experience playing around with the native layers, and as noted in the 2.9 release comments above it also spurred me into figuring out how to achieve the same result.
Twister-UK
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby Twister-UK » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:09 pm

Thanks for highlighting this - I'd checked that using the cursor keys moved the PRN layer correctly but hadn't noticed the lack of refresh. I had a quick look at fixing this, but the obvious fix for getting it to refresh after a cursor key move then broke the layer move synchronisation fix I put in last time, and I suspect getting it to work properly will take more time than I'm able to devote to scripting at the moment.
Twister-UK
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby Twister-UK » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:36 pm

Sigh, the idiots in charge of my hosting service have just gone and blocked my account without any warning, preventing access to the OS files required by WMEOD :evil: :evil: :evil:
Twister-UK
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby Twister-UK » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:10 am

Account has now been restored, though without any explanation why it'd been suspended in the first place...

On a slightly related note, these account hassles have prompted me to do some housekeeping on the server, and consequently all of the older releases of OS data have been removed. This means all versions of WMEOD prior to 2.5 are now obsolete - apologies if this causes any difficulties, however it's been over 2 months since 2.5 was released, so there aren't really any excuses for not having upgraded by now ;)

In future when there's an update to the OS data, I'll keep the previous version available for a few months to allow people to make the transition, but I'll no longer be leaving older versions online indefinitely as has been the case up to now.
Twister-UK
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby Twister-UK » Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:18 pm

iainhouse wrote:You're probably aware, but OpenData isn't working too well since the WME update.

I'm surprised you're getting any sort of functionality out of it at the moment, because it's not working at all for me since the update... Given the relative sizes of their userbases, fixing URO+ is my priority at the moment, so fixing WMEOD is likely to start at some point over the weekend.

iainhouse wrote:I'm seeing several errors in the console like "WMEOpenData: Current name was set 140m away from segment location". I've tried experimenting with relative positioning of the OpenData window and the segment and the segment within the WME window, without coming to any conclusions.

That's diagnostics data, not an error message - WMEOD requires you to reselect the city name once you start editing a segment more than 1000 metres away from the point at which you last selected it, those messages are indicating how far away the currently selected segment is from that point.

iainhouse wrote:I also hate to resurrect an old problem, but I'm still experiencing considerable performance issues with OpenData when editing in dense urban areas - to the extent that I find I'm regularly having to disable/enable it from the Extensions tab. Might it be possible to add an on/off switch so I can turn it off without checking extensions & then permalinking/refreshing?

Once I get it back into a fully operational state I'll have a look at performance again.
Twister-UK
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby Twister-UK » Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:28 am

Eww... I thought the old page layout was bad, but they've somehow managed to find even more crud to pad out the page above and below the letterboxed view of the map they deign to provide us, what a mess.

Good news is, this appears to be a trivial fix, so as I may end up rolling out an interim WMEOD update that fixes this before I get around to sorting out the WME-related fixes required.
Twister-UK
Area Manager
Area Manager

Re: [Script] WMEOpenData v2.10 (20141012)

Postby Twister-UK » Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:40 pm

2.10 is an interim update which restores fullscreen mapping to the OS OpenData Viewer site... Resolving the compatibility issues with WME itself is still on the to-do list.

Twister-UK
Area Manager
Area Manager

PreviousNext

Return to United Kingdom