Forum rules
The place to ask for help when editing in the UK.

Map Editing Guidelines . Join the UK Discord Server

Changing City / Area Names (Oxfordshire/Berkshire)

Post by Andidy
Hello,

As you can probably tell I am pretty new to waze but am trying to improve the map in my local area. I've had a look through all the relevant editing documentation I can find but see no answer. My question is UK based and about a village called "Wargrave" which is in Berks(hire) although the map shows it as Oxon (Oxfordshire) which is definitely wrong as the River Thames is the boundary. Many of the road segments through Wargrave show the city as Wargrave (Oxon) although a few of the roads which I have named I have entered as "Wargrave (Berks)" as that's correct. Hopefully the split of info won't cause any extra problems but I can't find anyway to adjust the City area to be Wargrave (Berks) instead of Wargrave (Oxon) without adjusting the City property of every segment and I'm not even convinced that would change the City area label. Hopefully someone with more experience can either make the change or tell me how to. (Even if someone else does it, perhaps posting a reply here in case others search the forum for the same might be a good idea)

Thanks guys =)
Andidy
Area Manager
Area Manager

POSTER_ID:8445432

Send a message

Post by Andidy
The Permalink as requested:
Permalink of Wargrave
Andidy
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Andidy
Thanks Timbones, I've edited all of the road segments within the area which I can spot to be Wargrave (Berks) but it still says Wargrave (Oxon). Am I correct in thinking that the label name thing takes a while to update when the Waze servers get around to it?
Andidy
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Andidy
Reviving an old thread, I've renamed all of the roads in Wargrave to the city name "Wargrave (Berks)" from "Wargrave (Oxon)". I know there is currently a discussion as to whether or not the county suffix should be there if it isn't necessary but in this instance I'd like to ignore that because the fact that the WRONG county suffix is being shown is really getting my goat. So anyone got any ideas as to why the suffix hasn't changed. There has definitely been a tile update and road name update since I edited them as I added all the road names too and they show in live map now.
Andidy
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Andidy
Thanks for checking Timbones, sort of reassuring that I didn't miss any but frustrating that it hasn't changed yet =)
Andidy
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by dmcconachie
Andidy wrote:Am I correct in thinking that the label name thing takes a while to update when the Waze servers get around to it?
Correct
dmcconachie
Send a message
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status

Post by maantje76
One of your country managers will have à look. But I would like to ask you to post à permalink of the area you talking about...
maantje76
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by Timbones
Andidy wrote:Many of the road segments through Wargrave show the city as Wargrave (Oxon) although a few of the roads which I have named I have entered as "Wargrave (Berks)" as that's correct. Hopefully the split of info won't cause any extra problems but I can't find anyway to adjust the City area to be Wargrave (Berks) instead of Wargrave (Oxon) without adjusting the City property of every segment and I'm not even convinced that would change the City area label.
Actually, changing the city field of each road segment is the correct way to refine the boundary Wargrave. It is a time consuming process, but hopefully one of the country managers will find some time to help you out.

I'll move this thread to the UK forum, where it'll get noticed...
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 2
Send a message
Timbones(6) • UK Coordinator • Forum Moderator • Closure Monitor
Scripts: WME Colour HighlightsWME Route TesterWME Geometries

Post by Timbones
I checked, and I could not find any segments in the city "Wargrave (Oxon)". I guess you'll just have to wait a bit longer...
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 2
Send a message
Timbones(6) • UK Coordinator • Forum Moderator • Closure Monitor
Scripts: WME Colour HighlightsWME Route TesterWME Geometries