Forum rules
The place to ask for help when editing in the UK.

Map Editing Guidelines . Join the UK Discord Server

Petrol Station advice please

Post by SteveSnail
Hi All

Just picked up a UR around this PFS: Permalink

I'm guessing the issue is that Waze is not directing people into the PFS via Beomonds Row, because this road doesn't actually go to the PFS in Waze.

However, on viewing the satellite and GSV images, it looks like you can access this PFS both from the Sainsburys Car Park, and also from Beomonds Row.

What would be the best way to map this correctly? The current PLR roads leading to the PFS from the car park need to be amended anyway because they currently enter the PFS through a fence! They need to be moved nearer to the cross hatched area where the actual PFS entrance from the car park is.

Should I just make that change and then join Beomonds Row to that as well? Should Beomonds Row remain a private road but with a new road leading from it into the PFS as a PLR?

Advice appreciated. Thanks :-)

(edit - on closer inspection it looks like Beomonds Row access may be intended for tankers only to access the PFS, but perhaps Beomonds Rows is a locally known short cut to prevent you going in via the car park?)
SteveSnail
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Answers: 3

POSTER_ID:17172774

Send a message

Post by AndyPot2
SteveSnail wrote:(edit - on closer inspection it looks like Beomonds Row access may be intended for tankers only to access the PFS, but perhaps Beomonds Rows is a locally known short cut to prevent you going in via the car park?)
I think you are right and the map is correct as it stands. The entrance into the petrol station via Beomonds Row is only intended for tankers.

There is a sign on the right hand side of the road, it's not easy to read but I think it's "Private land No public right of way or parking." The sign on the other side of Beomonds Row states "Contract parking only." It may be a short cut used by some locals but that doesn't mean it should be mapped.
AndyPot2
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by BtBalways
My 2pworth as a local (and in the history as an original messer with this car park during the WazeParking Point debacle): Yes the Beomonds Row is used as a short cut by locals to avoid dragging through the car park; yes it is intended for tankers to use for recharging the PS and for access to the (cross hatched) private parking area serving the Guildford Street shops and accommodation; therefore probably unacceptable as a routeing suggestion. One enters the petrol pumps against the traffic flow!

I have adjusted the segment in the petrol station itself but cannot attach the required extra bit of parking road to join with Node B from the existing (lock3) through PLR to meet up at the (awaiting moderation) Nav Point.

(I have also to admit to being the cause of an associated UR re exit from the car park/PS which has also been corrected. Comment added)

My signature seems more apposite than usual.
BtBalways
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor
Answers: 2
Send a message

Post by SteveSnail
Thanks All :-)

@BtBalways, I've requested an a higher level editor approve your changes in the UK Editors Forum :-)
SteveSnail
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by TheMKLightning
I think you are right about the tanker entrance.

You may need to modify the road through the car park as well in order to get correct entry and exit instructions for the PFS.
TheMKLightning
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/7/76/W ... 00k_4c.png
AM for West Wales Rheolwr Ardal Cymru Gorllewin