Forum rules
The place to ask for help when editing in the UK.

Map Editing Guidelines . Join the UK Discord Server

Missing Drives

Post by smkwalker
I use waze a lot as any of us probably would but there appears to be number of missing drives that I have done. Most notably the ones I did this weekend. Yet the one I did on Monday from work appears to be showing perfectly fine on the map. Anyone know what or how this might be causes of this? If there is a way to get it to show up etc?
smkwalker
Map Editor - level 2
Map Editor - level 2

POSTER_ID:17377895

Send a message

Post by Jonnyhuk2
Same, last drive showing up is morning of December 5th, 12 days ago. Went to make an edit on the map for somewhere I drove last week but it's "not in my driving area"!
Jonnyhuk2
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
Ex-Area Manager - southern Hampshire / W.Sussex, UK

Post by PablozzQ
PealRinger wrote:I have the same issue - nothing since March 19th.
Same here. No drives, no reports, no points.
PablozzQ
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by PealRinger
I have the same issue - nothing since March 19th.

There are some recent posts on the main WME forum and apparently:
https://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=168327&start=380#p1801557 wrote:Waze is aware of it and will be looking at it next week.
PealRinger
PartnerCoordinator
PartnerCoordinator
Send a message

Post by PealRinger
https://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=168327&start=380#p1808649 wrote:please be patient for an fix to this issue..staff is aware and they are working on this issue.
PealRinger
PartnerCoordinator
PartnerCoordinator
Send a message

Post by Pilotdave69
Hi,

Sorry for the late reply, a week of 4am alarms has somewhat dulled my enthusiasm for the forums! :lol:

This seems to be a quirk of Waze. Sometimes they'll arrive within minutes of the drive ending, other times they can take days or weeks. Other times one that happened a few days after another drive will appear before the earlier drive , etc. I believe it's something to do with the load on the system / backlog of drives to process / disconnected & failed servers, etc, etc, etc. Be patient and they *should* turn up

Sometimes they will complete vanish, never to be seen. This happened to me last year on quite a long drive in France.

You can try contacting Waze support if they don't appear in another week or two, but to be honest, I wouldn't hold out a great deal of hope on that helping. Hopefully they've arrived already... :)

Dave
Pilotdave69
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Pilotdave69
This is a known 'problem' at busy times of year. With millions of users worldwide, when there are more people than usual driving during holiday season, backlogs processing and updating drives do build up from time to time. For the vast majority, the drive will eventually appear within a few weeks. Just be patient... :-)

Dave
Pilotdave69
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by smkwalker
I'm not too fussed just a bit frustrating as i'll then have to retrace my steps and hope that, that drive then turns up lol
smkwalker
Map Editor - level 2
Map Editor - level 2
Send a message

Post by StampyNTFC
My last drive is showing as December 4th, and I use Waze every day!!!! :o
StampyNTFC
Send a message
Level 2 Editor

Post by StampyNTFC
Ironically - my 2 drives from TODAY, are showing up...... :)
Waze.jpg
List of drives from December!!!
(39.59 KiB) Downloaded 270 times
Nothing from 4th-16th December.....
StampyNTFC
Send a message
Level 2 Editor