Forum rules
The place to ask for help when editing in the UK.

Map Editing Guidelines . Join the UK Discord Server

Update Requests

Post by Andidy
Hi All,

On a related note to the map issues thread I have a few questions about the finer details of Update Requests.

1) Is there an easy way to spot whether a UR in the editor was generated by the waze servers spotting issues with the map or a user report? I ask because for some URs such as this one it's very unclear why the UR was generated. I know that there's a "not identified" option but where possible I like to figure out why it was generated. In this case I can see that the user didn't take the exit which waze wanted and when they did exit the trace seems to show waze thinking they were driving down the wrong side of the dual carriageway.

2) What causes waze servers to generate an update request. I know that turning against a restriction and the "wrong" way down a road does but does ignoring waze directions or any other action?

TIA,

Andidy
Andidy
Area Manager
Area Manager

POSTER_ID:8445432

Send a message

Post by dknight212
Andidy wrote:Hi All,

On a related note to the map issues thread I have a few questions about the finer details of Update Requests.

1) Is there an easy way to spot whether a UR in the editor was generated by the waze servers spotting issues with the map or a user report? I ask because for some URs such as this one it's very unclear why the UR was generated. I know that there's a "not identified" option but where possible I like to figure out why it was generated. In this case I can see that the user didn't take the exit which waze wanted and when they did exit the trace seems to show waze thinking they were driving down the wrong side of the dual carriageway.

2) What causes waze servers to generate an update request. I know that turning against a restriction and the "wrong" way down a road does but does ignoring waze directions or any other action?

TIA,

Andidy
If I recall correctly a "map problem" (ie one generated by the server) is clearly marked as such. I haven't seen one of these in weeks. It can be generated by the circumstances you mention plus going between two unattached segments and I'm sure other issues too,
dknight212
Send a message

Post by dknight212
You're welcome here.

David using Tapatalk
dknight212
Send a message

Post by rbthomp76
I still get them in my area. I just starting using Waze a few weeks ago. I don't believe our area has had a ton of work on it as all of the streets were shown as one way which caused some interesting routes. Getting them fixed though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rbthomp76
Send a message

Post by rbthomp76
I just realized this is the UK group. Sorry, hard to see which group your in when using Tapatalk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rbthomp76
Send a message