Forum rules
The place to ask for help when editing in the UK.

Map Editing Guidelines . Join the UK Discord Server

New script: User Request Overview

Post by
Just a quick hack to implement something I've been trying to find the time to work on for ages... And surprisingly, given my track record for script development, it doesn't have anything to do with the Ordnance Survey :mrgreen:

In a nutshell, it simply adds a single status line to the bottom of the WME window, which will then display the type and (where available) any additional text added by the user, for the UR marker currently under the mouse pointer. This provides a quick way to check URs to see if if they're ones that sound as if they do or don't need urgent attention, or if they've been marked as for the attention of someone else and need to be left well alone for now, without all the hassle of having to click on the marker, wait for WME to relocate the map view, read the type/description there, and then try and find where you were on the map prior to clicking the UR...

Tested with FF and Chrome on the public version of WME

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/145186

POSTER_ID:16778143

Send a message

Post by ditchi56
I expect the reason you haven't done this is because it can't be done, but what would be really great would be to have a click-button to jump to the nearest un-hidden UR within an area which I can edit.
ditchi56
Country Manager
Country Manager
Answers: 5
Send a message

Post by dknight212
Thanks. I can't get it to work on chromium for some reason but I'll continue playing with it.

Just as an aside, is it possible to do something similar for speed cameras?
dknight212
Send a message

Post by dknight212
and yes, I'm using latest public WME.
dknight212
Send a message

Post by dknight212
Very odd. I disabled all other WME scripts then re-enabled them one by one hoping to see if there was a clash. And now, your script works, with all the others too!

thanks
dknight212
Send a message

Post by dknight212
Simon

Thanks, did you read my last post? For the record, I have had no problem installing scripts direct from userscripts.org. I'm sure chromium will change this at some future point.

David using Tapatalk
dknight212
Send a message

Post by dknight212
Twister_UK wrote:
dknight212 wrote:Just as an aside, is it possible to do something similar for speed cameras?
Possibly, I haven't looked at the visible data structures provided for cameras, but I guess the necessary data would be available to a third-party script in the same way as for URs. What bits of data would you be interested in seeing just by hovering over the camera icon?

Can I ask why you're interested in having camera data shown as well? WME doesn't do the whole annoying pan-zoom-disorientate the user thing when you click on a camera icon, so as far as I can see from a quick reminder of how the camera layer works (until today, I can't recall the last time I used it...) the only thing to be gained by adding camera support to the script is removing the need to click.

Please note that I'm not saying this as a way of trying to get out of doing the work, I'm simply genuinely interested in understanding how other people use my code and, given my love for programming (especially when there's no project managers breathing down my neck wondering where the next release is!), I'm quite happy to spend the time hacking out code for any suggestions that come my way if I think there's any chance they might be feasible.
I'm just trying to slow you down on the points front! No, seriously I would love something like the set mph (!) speed to pop up as a tool tip on rollover. It would save a few microseconds when filtering cameras (not something I like to do very often). Maybe also the creator/approver as I know a few problem ones. But this is all very much in the nice to have territory.
dknight212
Send a message

Post by dknight212
Kids huh! My youngest goes to nursery next week which means 3 extra hours a day. Except the wife expects the house to be clean!
dknight212
Send a message

Post by dknight212
Can't wait to try!

David using Tapatalk
dknight212
Send a message

Post by dknight212
Very good indeed, just what I wanted!
dknight212
Send a message

Post by dknight212
Love the new version, much easier to see.
dknight212
Send a message