Post by dknight212
It would be nice if the URs marking roadworks had an easy to filter tag (eg #roadworks) so that twister's script could switch them on or off. I'm getting confused by all the URs in south London at the moment!
dknight212
Send a message

Post by dmcconachie
In short, anyone can request a login and become a Reporter. However your reports need to be authorized by a Feed Manager.

If there is no Feed Manager for your area, either your reports will sit there unauthorised or you can request to become a Feed Manager yourself.

FMs are authorised by Country Managers (currently separate from Waze CMs but potentially merged eventually).
dmcconachie
Send a message
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status

Post by dmcconachie
xteejx wrote:Is that the elgin one?
Yes. The one that's supposed to be getting fed directly to Waze. But isn't. The one I personally met to try and get this to happen.

Also the one that excludes Scottish roadworks because of some bureaucrat that's long overdue retirement!
dmcconachie
Send a message

Post by dmcconachie
I'm against it in this format. In Edinburgh alone I could fill a forum to the point that the info is virtually useless.
dmcconachie
Send a message

Post by dmcconachie
woodvale wrote:Edinburgh is in an unusual situation because of the tramway building works. Once that's completed, it'll be a lot more straightforward for a while and I think you'll find it helpful.

How about starting with London? As the biggest urban area, it'll be a useful starting point and can be extended if it works out?
I wasn't even including the Tram chaos.

Either way, good luck! Personally I think it lends better to a spreadsheet or wiki than a forum
dmcconachie
Send a message

Post by dmcconachie
Indeed, I met with the Chairman of Elgin last year with a view to incorporating their database in waze. It nearly happened but there were problems with the API which halted it in its tracks.
dmcconachie
Send a message

Post by dmcconachie
The use-case would work just as well via Google Docs in my opinion and be less likely to get lost!

[Iain, I've approved your FTW area.]
dmcconachie
Send a message

Post by floppyrod84
Anyone can sign up iirc but there are managers that will need to approve requests similar to AMs here. Might need to nudge those on twitter. Whereabouts are we talking about? If its Kent its me, London dknight212 etc.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
floppyrod84
Send a message

Post by floppyrod84
Is that the elgin one?

floppyrod84
Send a message

Post by floppyrod84
Agreed! Too much red tape but you people will insist on nationalism lol ;p

Hopefully it'll start getting fed in!