Forum rules
The place to ask for help when editing in the UK.

Map Editing Guidelines . Join the UK Discord Server

Adding Terminal Nodes

Post by Andidy
Hi Guys,

I was splitting one road in to two as they don't actually connect here (formerly The Shires and Smalley Close were one crescent) but Smalley Close is showing as having no terminal node on WME Colour Highlights. I have since deleted the road and rebuilt it working from the junction with B3349 to the end, ending with a double click but I still have the same issue of it being highlighted as no terminal node.

Is there an easier way to create a terminal node other than rebuilding the segment and does anyone know why creating a new segment still doesn't result in a terminal node?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Andidy
Andidy
Area Manager
Area Manager

POSTER_ID:8445432

Send a message

Post by Andidy
It's so simple when you know how =) Done and no longer highlighted lime. Thanks for your help.
Andidy
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Andidy
Thanks for the heads up on the script. I've installed it and seen that it says press Q to automatically fix the issues, I presume you then have to check the turn restrictions on the adjoining segments or hit W if you know that they should all be allowed? Only when dealing with some circular segments, which lack terminal nodes, it splits the segment but allows all turns still. Could someone shed some light on when turn restrictions will need to be looked at and when not (or link me to a discussion about the matter)

Thanks,
Andidy
Andidy
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by ditchi56
Or you can install the WME Junction Node Fixer script http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/144939

Then all you need to do is to click on the node at the start of the road, and a node magically appears at the end.
ditchi56
Country Manager
Country Manager
Answers: 5
Send a message

Post by dknight212
Which is just so much easier!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
dknight212
Send a message

Post by leocylau
ditchi56 wrote:Or you can install the WME Junction Node Fixer script http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/144939

Then all you need to do is to click on the node at the start of the road, and a node magically appears at the end.
I used this script but only adding terninal node doesn't work for me :-(
leocylau
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 3
Send a message
UK WikiUK Forum

'For I am not seeking my own good but the good of many, so that they may be saved.' 1 Cor. 10:33b

GC•Newcastle upon Tyne AM•HK CM•Localisation Coordinator

Post by ncc1701v
When I'm in an area where a number of roads lack terminations I create a dummy road and then "walk" it, joining an end to one road, the other end to another, the first end to a third, etc., until I'm done.
ncc1701v
Send a message
... and the "v" is for Volvo.

Post by seriousarsonist
you need to add a new segment to the end and then delete it again to get a terminal node.
seriousarsonist
Send a message

Post by Timbones
The script will preserve any turn restrictions that have been set.

It is worth double checking them as you go, however. Press Shift+Z to show all restricted turns.

via mobile
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 2
Send a message
Timbones(6) • UK Coordinator • Forum Moderator • Closure Monitor
Scripts: WME Colour HighlightsWME Route TesterWME Geometries