Forum rules
The place to ask for help when editing in the UK.

Map Editing Guidelines . Join the UK Discord Server

Please help get this junction corrected

Post by steveearl_uk
Hi there - i have attempted numerous times to correct this junction, without success -

https://world.waze.com/editor/?zoom=5&l ... =-0.260528

If you zoom in you will see the roads are not mapped correctly between thorndon gardens and the bypass it joins. The junction shows clearly how the road splits - including filter lanes to turn right into that junction but try as i may, i cannot build this on Waze.

Would really appreciate some help (or someone to build it) and i could tweak as needs be....

fingers crossed :)
steveearl_uk

POSTER_ID:7217717

Send a message

Post by leocylau
Hi Tim, that sorted the U-turn issue. But if we really drive into Thorndon Gdns or Ravensfield Gdns from the main road (or vice versa), we will have wrong instruction. I've hightlighted 2 segments for example. We should get no instruction from the 1st Thorndon Gdns to the 2nd Thorndon Gdns as they are a continuous road. But now we will have 'turn left' from 1st to 2nd segment. Do you mind me to modifying a bit and see what you think?
leocylau
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 3
Send a message
UK WikiUK Forum

'For I am not seeking my own good but the good of many, so that they may be saved.' 1 Cor. 10:33b

GC•Newcastle upon Tyne AM•HK CM•Localisation Coordinator

Post by leocylau
No problem. Just to wait and see :mrgreen:
leocylau
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 3
Send a message
UK WikiUK Forum

'For I am not seeking my own good but the good of many, so that they may be saved.' 1 Cor. 10:33b

GC•Newcastle upon Tyne AM•HK CM•Localisation Coordinator

Post by steveearl_uk
If the tile covers the section where thorndon gardens feeds onto the A240 both east and west - then thats fantastic. When i opened the link above it showed the top of thorndon gardens (the opposite end of the road to the main A240 which is where the issue is).

So i don't think it has been fixed?
steveearl_uk
Send a message

Post by steveearl_uk
Yes it will help navigation a lot for people unaware of the area. (Its an annoyance for me as a local). as it stands, to change from west bound to eastbound on the a240 at that junction waze will either send you .5 mile around the back streets rather than just effectively doing a U turn (albeit a complicated one), or worse sends you a quarter of a mile further west bound to do a difficult left then right turn. (both these intersections are very heavy traffic wise.
steveearl_uk
Send a message

Post by steveearl_uk
Exactly that from west to east.......and the same kind of thing east to west (if that makes sense)
steveearl_uk
Send a message

Post by steveearl_uk
I rekon you may have just cracked it Sir - :shock: thank you.

How long til that hits the streets - more than happy to test it....
steveearl_uk
Send a message

Post by steveearl_uk
Cool - thank you very much :D
steveearl_uk
Send a message

Post by steveearl_uk
Thanks for the comments guys - in terms of importance its not like a motorway turn off but it is a significant local route with shortcuts to Worcester Park (the next town) and very useful for fellow Wazers when there is congestion on the A240 (very often).

I blame the local council for a daft design - it does cause a lot of confusion for non-locals.
steveearl_uk
Send a message

Superfraggle
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
[img]https:///AvrXT[/img][img]https:///p9mgM[/img]