Forum rules
The place to ask for help when editing in the UK.

Map Editing Guidelines . Join the UK Discord Server

Messy junction in Milton Keynes

Post by jmmo20
Hi, look at this https://world.waze.com/editor/?zoom=9&l ... TTTFTTTTFT

I don't know why but this level 4 user has made a real mess at this junction, you can see duplicated roads, weird turns, one road on top of another. I did fix this junction about 6 months ago from the very same problem and locked the roads but since this user is level 4 and i'm just 3 he might have remade all mess.

You can see the exactly same type of junction a few yards northbound, this is how it's supposed to look and be mapped: https://world.waze.com/editor/?zoom=9&l ... TTTFTTTTFT

I'm willing to remap the whole junction, but only if the user explains what was the point of that mess or if a higher level editor locks it for good.

Comments? :)
thanks.
jmmo20

POSTER_ID:1455585

Send a message

Post by jmmo20
Oh wait I think I see his point - It's an attempt to prevent U-turns which aren't allowed at that particular junction. Interesting work-around. :)
jmmo20
Send a message

Post by jmmo20
timbucks wrote:Yes, it's an attempt (that works) to prevent the u-turns - A bowtie didn't look nice on the client, so I tried to create something that did what was needed but wouldn't show in the client - hence the reason all the turn roads are really, really close to each other.

Technically, it's not the same as the Midsummer Boulevard / Witan Gate junction as u-turns are permitted there!
yep after close inspection it's a master piece.. I realised its purpose soon after posting my original message.
jmmo20
Send a message

Post by timbucks
Yes, it's an attempt (that works) to prevent the u-turns - A bowtie didn't look nice on the client, so I tried to create something that did what was needed but wouldn't show in the client - hence the reason all the turn roads are really, really close to each other.

Technically, it's not the same as the Midsummer Boulevard / Witan Gate junction as u-turns are permitted there!
timbucks
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message