Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Post by dknight212
elljay23 wrote:Maybe the routing server will be next... ;)
We can but hope. We're still none the wiser as to what exactly is the problem. My money is still on some algorithm issue rather than pure server power.
dknight212
Send a message

Post by dknight212
CTCNetwork wrote:Hi,

When all else fails, throw some more pretty graphics at it, or another processor or two! :D

Des. . . ;)
It'll be an instagram interface so you can post your screenshots of the routing failing ...
dknight212
Send a message

Post by dknight212
wolfsbane2k wrote:(Not adding to addressing the subject), but thought I'd chime in and say a big thank you to those involved in this investigation. It looks like a good piece of investigation work, and that Twister-UK probably enjoyed setting up this test!
I'm very into the investigative fault finding work, and am glad to see people with better skills sets than mine working within the community in their spare time!
Chris (twister) has done fantastic work on this as well as keeping various scripts up to date with numerous coding changes from Waze. Without his work the UK Waze map would be a lot less complete.
dknight212
Send a message

Post by dknight212
Waze HQ have done some further work and would like to know if it's had any impact.

Please can you report below any further issues with routing in London, please specify the origin and destination and the day and time you tried. If you don't want to publicly state the addresses then please send me a private message.
dknight212
Send a message

Post by dknight212
I'm really not surprised. Very sad face.
dknight212
Send a message

Post by dknight212
Chris - thanks, I've forwarded this on to Shira.
dknight212
Send a message

Post by dknight212
I've been informed that another fix has been applied. I hope this one works. Let us know if any problems.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
dknight212
Send a message

Post by dknight212
Maybe one day...

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
dknight212
Send a message

Post by dknight212
Just an update. There is no update. Waze are still looking at this.
dknight212
Send a message

Post by dknight212
winelight wrote:Just to say that I have now experienced this myself. Well it wasn't really in London, returning from Croydon area to Watford area, so all I wanted was a route round the M25. But just got nothing from Waze until a good 30 minutes into the journey. Evening rush hour.
Yep, that would seem to be normal behaviour in just the time we need Waze most. If I were a new user trying Waze out for the first time and that is all I got I would have given up a long time ago.
dknight212
Send a message