Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Post by dknight212
Still picking up URs with routing issues. Has this gone live or not yet?
dknight212
Send a message

Post by dknight212
Maybe extra shopping traffic?
dknight212
Send a message

Post by dknight212
ianmanning wrote:I've just been referred to this thread as I'm having routing problems with virtually every cross-London destination that I've tried. My start point is Richmond-Upon-Thames. I've tried routes to Swanley, Orpington and Wilmington and they've all failed so far.
Ian, sorry not to have responded to this until now. I don't know how I missed your post. Are these routes failing all the time or just weekdays? If all the time then I expect it might be an issue with your starting position. I've seen a similar issue with a crescent looped back on itself that I thought was the general London issue until we tinkered with the segment. It now routes fine. If on the other hand, the routes fail in peak times then I would think it's the general problem.
dknight212
Send a message

Post by dknight212
mrgrieves wrote:I'm also getting "Could not find route" errors when navigating from Canary Wharf E14 to Feltham TW14 and back. After trying for a few a minutes I sometimes manage to get a route. Could it be busy servers at rush hour?
Waze have not been entirely forthcoming with why this might be happening. I understand that they have put in some more resources but I think there is a bigger issue with the sheer complexity of providing the quickest (or a good approximation) route in London at peak times. I hope that I am proved wrong.

Do your problems occur at peak or all the time?
dknight212
Send a message

Post by dknight212
ianmanning wrote: I just tried the same route again and this time it calculated OK. Does this suggest that the problem I was having before was due to load on the server?
And/or the complexity issue I mentioned above.
dknight212
Send a message

Post by dknight212
mrgrieves wrote:
dknight212 wrote:
mrgrieves wrote:I'm also getting "Could not find route" errors when navigating from Canary Wharf E14 to Feltham TW14 and back. After trying for a few a minutes I sometimes manage to get a route. Could it be busy servers at rush hour?
Waze have not been entirely forthcoming with why this might be happening. I understand that they have put in some more resources but I think there is a bigger issue with the sheer complexity of providing the quickest (or a good approximation) route in London at peak times. I hope that I am proved wrong.

Do your problems occur at peak or all the time?
I have only really tried at peak times. It seems that if I try and get a route a mile or two after my journey begins I have more luck.
Ok, can you try off peak. If that doesn't work then please PM me the exact start and end postcodes/addresses and I'll see if there are issues at either end.
dknight212
Send a message

Post by dknight212
Did any of your test routes have any magical interventions along yellow brick roads?
dknight212
Send a message

Post by dknight212
mrgrieves wrote: So I tried numerous off peak routes from E14 to TW14 and vice versa over the Christmas period, and almost 100% of the time I failed to get a route. Repeatedly trying again after a few miles would eventually get a route. Basically I can't get EVER get a route from door to door, and only ever get any sort of route well after the journey begins. I can PM you the exact postcodes if you still want them.
There is a chance it might be an issue with the origin and destination rather than the standard routing issues, particularly as you can't get routes off-peak. So yes please, let's see the postcodes. If for privacy reasons you don't want to share them in a public forum by all means private message me or one of the other country admins.
dknight212
Send a message

Post by dknight212
Interesting, I couldn't get any routes before 1930 even when trying a midnight time on livemap. However, I can now get two (1942), admittedly one is via the M4 but the other is via the A40 (and I've checked for any errant motorway sections). I can't see much other than minor errors in the map at the first location. It is on a u-turn enabled cul-de-sac but I'm not aware of that failing navigation when at an origin point.

Do you have any idea where the cut-off point is for you normally on getting a route? IE once you start driving at what point does it start giving you a route?

I'll pick this up tomorrow unless anyone else wants to chime in this evening.
dknight212
Send a message

Post by dknight212
That's helpful, I'll do some route tracing this morning to see if I can find an exact point at which the problem switches on and off.
dknight212
Send a message