UK Guidelines for URs and Conversations

[ img ]

Moderators: Unholy, Timbones

Re: UK Guidelines for URs and Conversations

Postby garfyville » Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:13 pm

That would be nice :) since the guidelines suggest that anyone who closes a UR should leave a message, perhaps we should ask Waze to force that?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
garfyville

Postby NorfolkMustard » Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:10 pm

I've had that, too. When asked, the other editor apologised and said they didn't notice the conversation and thought they were just tidying up old URs.

It may help if the conversation panel expanded by default if it has content
NorfolkMustard
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby garfyville » Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:08 pm

ditchi56 wrote:Bearing in mind that many users are fairly new to Waze and might think they are being contacted by Waze professional staff, I always like to start a conversation with "Hi, volunteer map editor here responding to your Map Issue report."

I've always thought about doing this, I might start adding something similar into my standard footer info.

My biggest issue with inexperienced editors closing URs is when they close those that have an ongoing unresolved conversation.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
garfyville

Postby ditchi56 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:58 am

Bearing in mind that many users are fairly new to Waze and might think they are being contacted by Waze professional staff, I always like to start a conversation with "Hi, volunteer map editor here responding to your Map Issue report."
ditchi56
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby elljay23 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:18 am

Thanks Iain, good to have guidance written down. I think the sample texts are useful. Another couple I see regularly you might think are worth adding:

* Thanks for reporting the road closure. Updates we make to the map usually take around a week to appear so if the closure is likely to short term the best way to report it is using "Report" -> "Closure" in the app and it will appear on the map immediately.

* Thanks for reporting the new speed camera. The only way to add these to the map is to use "Report" -> "Camera" when you are at the camera's location. We can then activate the camera once it appears on the map. Please can you confirm the speed limit. Thanks.

Also, not sure if it's worth updating the "off and on" one to say "Waze are planning to implement a solution soon". ;)
elljay23

Previous

Return to United Kingdom