UK Guidelines for URs and Conversations

Moderators: Unholy, Timbones

Re: UK Guidelines for URs and Conversations

Postby fieldenm » Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:39 pm

A frequent message to the reporter about waiting a few days for the map to update may need to be modified to wait a few weeks at the current rate of updating
fieldenm

Postby elljay23 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:18 am

Thanks Iain, good to have guidance written down. I think the sample texts are useful. Another couple I see regularly you might think are worth adding:

* Thanks for reporting the road closure. Updates we make to the map usually take around a week to appear so if the closure is likely to short term the best way to report it is using "Report" -> "Closure" in the app and it will appear on the map immediately.

* Thanks for reporting the new speed camera. The only way to add these to the map is to use "Report" -> "Camera" when you are at the camera's location. We can then activate the camera once it appears on the map. Please can you confirm the speed limit. Thanks.

Also, not sure if it's worth updating the "off and on" one to say "Waze are planning to implement a solution soon". ;)
elljay23

Postby ditchi56 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:36 pm

Here is another bit of text which I frequently use for "sofa reports" (after responding to the actual issue):

Problems show up on the editor's map at the point where the problem is raised, so it's best to raise them using your phone at the time you find them. If this is not possible, then rather than use your phone after you have got home, sign onto www.waze.com/livemap, find the problem place on the map, and click on it. This should bring up a pop-up box on which you can "report a problem".
ditchi56
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby ditchi56 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:58 am

Bearing in mind that many users are fairly new to Waze and might think they are being contacted by Waze professional staff, I always like to start a conversation with "Hi, volunteer map editor here responding to your Map Issue report."
ditchi56
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby biccies » Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:53 pm

Thank you for your work on this iainhouse.
It would be nice to get some guidance on how best to close URs where we know the problem but are unable to resolve. For example the common 'On and Off' problem. Obviously we would send the information, but then do we close the UR as 'Solved' or 'Not Identified'? Neither really apply but I do think that these URs should be closed rather than staying open for many weeks.
AM for Stafford, Cannock Chase & Cannock (UK)
biccies
Area Manager
Area Manager

Previous

Return to United Kingdom