Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Forum rules
The place to ask for help when editing in the UK.

Map Editing Guidelines . Join the UK Discord Server

Disappearing routes- waterlooville

Post by
Hi.

I've notices recently we have had a number of 'purple route disappeared', which have been pointed at the app as being the likely problem.

I've just had one of these myself, as per the attached at a recently edited road. Can someone take a look at it and confirm before I raise a bug?

Route is from uni of Chichester to hartplain avenure, waterlooville, and it occurs at waterlooville turning right at the roundabout near London road.
Ta

POSTER_ID:16410033

Send a message

Post by astrovern
Probably this is the wrong place to post this, but for what it's worth, I had the same issue twice last week whilst travelling along familiar routes in the Hounslow/Feltham area. Whilst glancing at the map, I noticed that the purple route just stopped, but as I continued to drive I could see that further up ahead the purple route started again.

I thought that it was an app related issue, until it also happened on the Livemap last week whilst planning a route between Sunbury-on-Thames & Kingston-upon-Thames. Of the three routes recommended, there was a very obvious gap in the middle of the purple route. Today, it's fine.
astrovern
Send a message

Post by biccies
I've had this occur to me today as well!

biccies
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by biccies
I'm not sure that's the case as jasonroseweir has posted a screenshot that appears to be on iPhone and has road name labels like mine.
I'd be happy to turn them off as they get in the way more than they are useful.
biccies
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

biccies
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by CTCNetwork
Hi,

Has there been any update on this issue? Has the new routing resolved the issue by any chance?

I have a UP with this being the issue Here and would like to update the reporter.. :)

Des. . . ;)
CTCNetwork
Send a message

Post by ditchi56
Had this a few times, this is the biggest gap I've seen yet
Gap in purple line.jpg
(49.95 KiB) Downloaded 882 times
ditchi56
Country Manager
Country Manager
Answers: 5
Send a message

Post by ditchi56
Veering off topic, that's an interesting Waze display you've posted, with road names picked out on the map. I've never seen it like that, is there an option I'm missing? Or is the app display different on different phones? The previous picture post shows what it looks like on my iPhone.
ditchi56
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by ditchi56
Superfraggle wrote:It's the 3d View I believe.
Yes, you are right. So biccies, now you know how to turn them off!
ditchi56
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by dknight212
Please can you post the images. Thanks

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
dknight212
Send a message

Post by elljay23
My Android phone display is the same as biccies', so I guess it's an Android - iPhone difference. I can't see an option to enable or disable road names.
elljay23
Send a message