New WME and Places (UK)

Moderators: Unholy, Timbones

Re: New WME and Places (UK)

Postby biccies » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:32 pm

Haha, I had one yesterday that was up-side-down. Not quite as amusing as the cat though!
AM for Stafford, Cannock Chase & Cannock (UK)
biccies
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby cew118 » Tue May 27, 2014 10:02 pm

Is this a different dimension? was that light in the sky when we was driving last night a wormhole? aliens? dare i even say it.... Germans!? my WME :'(
ImageImage
I know the Wigan area.
Samsung Galaxy S3 on my Steel Horse unless I am The Passenger
cew118

Postby cew118 » Fri May 30, 2014 7:48 pm

This road i will be over the next few days/week or so be fully dotting the full street under this new places feature as an example. How's It Look?

Thoughts/comment's welcome!

Thank's
ImageImage
I know the Wigan area.
cew118

Postby cew118 » Fri May 30, 2014 8:36 pm

ditchi56 wrote:To be honest, I think it's too much work. I can't see myself putting that much effort into labelling every public building (e.g. shop) even in my own home town, never mind the rest of my AM area.

I'm only doing that road as an example.
easy edit points

I have read the documentation on this feature and i know that all them dot's i'm putting up will not show up on the client.

I Very much agree that i will not be doing this for everywhere around Wigan or hindley (i might put MOT/Carwash/car workshops in on the fly) and having read the doc's and had a look around my area to implement this i think its a stupid idea, i agree that map clutter is bad but the client has bing and google for searchable stuff.

The area feature where you get to point where it will navigate people, it may increase the need for parking lot roads but Asda here always routed me to a differn't car park

edit- i've finished with this, it'll make the area unworkable with the places layer on (which i like)
Last edited by cew118 on Fri May 30, 2014 8:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage
I know the Wigan area.
cew118

Postby cew118 » Sat May 31, 2014 12:13 am

on this example the better place to park would be https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=7&lat ... =252335942 so would i move the dot to that car park?

I also think that navigating to a lake area is good, but pointing the marker to the nearest car park, navigating to a river would be harder, unless you marked all the car parks down it... https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=7&lat ... 06.2795970
Last edited by cew118 on Sat May 31, 2014 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
I know the Wigan area.
cew118

Postby CTCNetwork » Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:37 pm

Hi,

It would be interesting to see what shows up in the client when you add a "Morrisons Customer Car Park" as a place. I know that the landmark for the parking area will show along with the text "[P] Morrisons" (if that is what it is called). Handy as I'll see roughly where I need to be heading.

Do remember that not all users are using Waze for Navigation as they likely know where they are going. I get the feeling Waze is starting to treat it's users like children, or worse, idiots.

Des. . . ;)
CTCNetwork

Postby CTCNetwork » Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:19 pm

Hi,

Something that was mentioned as a possibility was to set Uk English as default for the users in the UK rather than just plain English.

I have been using Uk English for months now but for every email of a comment I get the standard link (not Uk English one) and for all those permalinks in the Unlock forum (and elsewhere). :)

I suspect that the emailed links can be changed by changing the default Uk language.

Des. . . ;)
CTCNetwork

Postby CTCNetwork » Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:41 pm

Hi,

I have disapproved several, including one of someone's drive from their front room! Even had one upside down!
I suspect that the only reasonable way to add these locations is to actually park, get out of the car and get a decent photo of what it is you are actually trying to photograph!

Des. . . ;)
CTCNetwork

Postby CTCNetwork » Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:07 am

Hi,

Sometimes I really do wonder what people are doing...

places_house.jpg
A cat!
places_house.jpg (191.32 KiB) Viewed 104 times

Des. . . ;)
CTCNetwork

Re: New WME and Places

Postby Dave2084 » Tue May 27, 2014 7:14 pm

Please bear in mind that specific guidance for places in the UK has not yet been finalised so the UK wiki still needs to be updated.

If there is anything that is at odds between the old UK landmarks wiki guidance and the generic (and mostly North America based) places wiki it would be a good idea to discuss here first.
iPhone 4S 32GB (Jailed) • iOS 8.2 • Waze 3.9.4
Level 6 Editor • Lincolnshire Area Manager • UK Country Administrator • iOS Beta Tester
UK WikiUK ForumWaze UK on FacebookBecome a UK Area ManagerWaze Status
Dave2084
Country Manager
Country Manager

Next

Return to United Kingdom