Post by Seasider
I too have real mixed feelings about the map update, but oh my holy feck are we going to be busy. I took a look at Paderborn in Germany (little town where I was posted for 8 years with the Army), every road that an am hasn't edited is marked as one way and is unnamed and none of the nodes allow any turns. As I see it for a while at least, our previous work will shine through, and well be getting a $ hit load of update requests. The big question is where do we begin???

Seasider
Area Manager - Lancashire (most of) UK
Moderator - UK Forum
Dell Streak 16gb
Seasider
Send a message
Seasider

Sometimes, the light at the end of the tunnel, is just a train coming the other way!!!

Client - Samsung Galaxy S3 - Jellybean
AM - Lancs UK (most of)
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/Seasider1972
Emyther - waze.map.update.lancs@gmail.com

Post by Timbones
I'm wondering if the UK maps will become near perfect after this and we'll have nothing to do, or totally messed up and we'll have to fix everything. Hopefully it'll be somewhere in the middle...

On the plus side, it might get more map editors discovering the forum during the next couple of weeks.
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 2
Send a message
Timbones(6) • UK Coordinator • Forum Moderator • Closure Monitor
Scripts: WME Colour HighlightsWME Route TesterWME Geometries

Post by Timbones
Poking around my area on Cartouche today (not editing, just looking), I can see that some of the basemap data has been partially loaded already. Not sure if this is temporary or wot.

1) I can select invisible roads (visible on the aerials) that don't exist in Cartouche yet. Missing roads are being added. Yay! However, some of this data is quite a few years old, and there's no sign of road names either.

2) Selecting an existing road sometimes shows a different geometry. The orange/green connectivity highlight also shows up the new geometry and nodes. For some roads, this is an improvement, while others have been physically altered since the map data was produced.

Looking at the A1 / M62 interchange at Ferrybridge (built ~2005), I can already tell that the old road layout is being merged (the aerials show the old layout too). I'll have fun cleaning this up later.

Weeeeee.... :D
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 2
Send a message
Timbones(6) • UK Coordinator • Forum Moderator • Closure Monitor
Scripts: WME Colour HighlightsWME Route TesterWME Geometries

Post by TravUK
Hopefully all the existing data is merged with the incoming roads. Either way, I've been looking forward to this for a long time.
TravUK
Send a message
https://img685.imageshack.us/img685/664 ... ristol.png
Area Manager - Bristol & Portishead, UK