Post by B_Carp
Same in Sydney. Nothing at 1pm, but online by 6pm.
B_Carp
Send a message

Post by B_Carp
Is there any way of filtering out the speed limit URs to get to the ones that really need fixing?
B_Carp
Send a message

Post by B_Carp
I think people will get used to it. The problem with moving the point is that it's counter-intuitive on the map editing screen & new editors will find it impossible to remember. (So will I!)
B_Carp
Send a message

Post by B_Carp
glomp wrote:
B_Carp wrote:Is there any way of filtering out the speed limit URs to get to the ones that really need fixing?
If you install the URO+ script you can filter out the speed limit URs
Ah, I got rid of that script in favour of URComments. Might have to reinstall it.
B_Carp
Send a message

Post by B_Carp
Yes, I can finally see the underlying map again! Hooray! It really needed to have a different colour or some way of easily filtering them out.
B_Carp
Send a message

Post by B_Carp
Yes, but I found that URO+ & URComments conflicted, even with the supposed option to only use the filtering of URO+ instead of URComments. I ended up with distorted UR boxes, I think. Maybe it was just a Mac Chrome issue, but it wouldn't work for me.
B_Carp
Send a message

Post by GarvinGray
ituajr wrote:Well, I've certainly tried to set the values around the areas I drive, but there must be something more than that. Surely other people are covering their areas just as effectively? Maybe you have to be a certain level of editor for the speed limits to be activated?
For me:

Beta Tester
Qld Area Manager
Level 2 editor

I get the speed limit warning on all streets/roads/highways wherever I have travelled in SE Qld since they came out with the feature.

I have the sound limit set for 10 percent above the speed limit, but the number turns red as soon as you are at the speed limit.

As an editor, it is also a useful feature for finding out where speed limits are incorrectly set and need to be corrected. As in you get the warning for travelling at 68 kph in a 70 zone, but waze thinks it is a 60 kph zone.
GarvinGray
Map Editor - level 3
Map Editor - level 3
Send a message
As waze editors, our role is to map based on what is legal. It is the job of councils and governments to determine whether or not a turn or other similar 'risky' situations should be permitted based on risk assessments performed by people much more qualified than us to do so.

This point is not up for discussion, never has been and never will be.

Post by GarvinGray
Traveling_Gav wrote:Guys do we want/need to come up with a policy for what to do with extended speed changes due to roadworks. For example, near me a road that is normally 70 is now 60 due to roadworks which will take weeks/months to do?
I think this whether we should change the speed limit is dependant on whether an editor can find information from a reliable source, such as Qld Transport and Main Roads, on the nature of the roadworks and how long they are going to be in place.

This stops short term roadwork projects and us having to change speed limits 'all the time'.

This will then also give us more idea of what is actually occurring at the roadworks site in regards to the project.
GarvinGray
Map Editor - level 3
Map Editor - level 3
Send a message
As waze editors, our role is to map based on what is legal. It is the job of councils and governments to determine whether or not a turn or other similar 'risky' situations should be permitted based on risk assessments performed by people much more qualified than us to do so.

This point is not up for discussion, never has been and never will be.

Post by glomp
On the mobile so can't post the link to the announcement in the forum, Waze has turned on speed limits for all the world.
Limits will show for the segments with limits already added and won't show for those don't.
You can also report missing speed limits from the app now, so get ready for a new rash of UR's reporting wrong/missing limits.
glomp
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by glomp
B_Carp wrote:Is there any way of filtering out the speed limit URs to get to the ones that really need fixing?
If you install the URO+ script you can filter out the speed limit URs
glomp
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message