Area manager?

Post by B_Carp
Hi, any ideas how area manager requests are handled or who to write to? I filled out the form at viewtopic.php?f=56&t=59583 a few months ago but have heard nothing back since then. Is there someone I should be contacting personally?

Thanks.
B_Carp

POSTER_ID:17078379

Send a message

Post by glomp
Thanks guys, leave it with me I'll look into whats going on, might take a few days to figure out.
glomp
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by glomp
Sorry for not replying sooner, I haven't forgotton but RL catches you with at times.
Our contact at Waze is currently on holidays so we will have to wait a few days longer to sort things out.
glomp
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by ispyisail
In the old days editors would email WazeHQ directly for AM requests.

Requests would be approved with in 2 working days (My experience)

I suspect they got overwhelmed with requests.

They them created self management.

The management team (local volunteers) have a google sheet where they enter AM details. When these details are entered WazeHQ approve them usually within 1 working day.

I think only 3 CM have access

Australia Country Admin Team:
-= Responsible for country administration, forum moderation & user requests =-
ps_au
Caradellino
glomp

ps_au has officially retired.

I'm unsure about Caradellino status but I know his editing is close to zero these days
https://www.waze.com/user/editor/caradellino

That leaves glomp
ispyisail
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by ispyisail
ituajr wrote:I also put in an AM request, in mid-February. Still no acknowledgement or other response. I PM'd Caradellino last Friday (because he fixed things up last time my request got lost). The message has gone from my outbox, but no response. Looks like Glomp is our last hope.
I don't know why glomp hasn't approved then? He is very active

The other factor is are you good enough for AM?

In NZ we are quite liberal , found the forum, read the wiki, avoid dual carriage and slipways/ carparks and your good to go.

In OZ they were checking if somebody else already had that area etc etc

Police check to see if you are of good character and had the same religious beliefs

Just a lot of work for little return if you ask me?
ispyisail
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by ispyisail
ituajr wrote:
ispyisail wrote: In OZ they were checking if somebody else already had that area etc etc
One of the reasons I requested an extra area is that there are plenty of reports being ignored just outside my area, some of them dating back to May 2015. The existing area manager(s) aren't doing their job!
Exactly, that is why assuming the user passes basic checks I give people whole NZ access.
ispyisail
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by ispyisail
glomp wrote:Thanks guys, leave it with me I'll look into whats going on, might take a few days to figure out.
Do you not have access to the AM Google Sheet?

In NZ I get a email to my phone saying google sheet has been updated so I know somebody has applied
ispyisail
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by ispyisail
ituajr wrote:Could the problem that caused these requests to be lost also be the reason why city name change requests are being ignored? See viewtopic.php?f=406&t=177164#p1369724
In NZ its the same spreadsheet

The "google from" enters the application data straight into the master spreadsheet. The local manager approves and or edits this data. The data is transferred to another location on the same sheet for a rubber stamp / approval from WazeHQ

At best this process can take under 24 hours and usually only for working days Sunday - Thursday Israel time. (Weekend Friday and Saturday)

This information is based on the NZ system and a few assumptions and may contain errors
ispyisail
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by ispyisail
From what I can gather the Australian system is a bit more complex than NZ.

I understand they have a google map setup with all AM assigned areas polygons. If nobody was assigned the area AM was given easily but if the area was all ready they ..................

In theory its a good idea but in practice I have my doubts
ispyisail
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by ispyisail
glomp wrote:Sorry for not replying sooner, I haven't forgotton but RL catches you with at times.
Our contact at Waze is currently on holidays so we will have to wait a few days longer to sort things out.
I'm assuming you don't have access to the spread sheet then?
ispyisail
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message