Any way to fix a destination appearing on the wrong street?

Post by Coxymla
My house is a battle-axe block at the end of a cul-de-sac, and recently another cul-de-sac was built almost up to my fence line. Since this road was added, Waze will route me incorrectly to the new street.

The centroid of my house block is probably closer to the new street than the street that I actually live on.

I tried added house numbers to the street that I live on but that didn't help either.

Any way to fix this?
On the screenshot, I am driving on the street that I actually live.
Waze wants me to continue further up the main road and turn off onto the new development.
Coxymla

POSTER_ID:17138408

Send a message

Post by Coxymla
Thanks for the reply.

I deleted my home address and the search history.

Now when I click on add home address, I search for my home including street number. I make sure to press the "Search" button on the keyboard.
However, the search results ("Around You") page does not have the street number in the result.

If I click on the Places tab I can see the street number in the result.
But adding it as my home address and routing to it has the same problem.

----

Could the problem be that the street number "centroid" point is on the property instead of the road?
Coxymla
Send a message

Post by Coxymla
Cheers, I'll try moving the house numbers onto the road first and then PM you my address if that doesn't work.
Coxymla
Send a message

Post by Coxymla
theclem54 wrote:How recently did you add your house number? A tile update may not have processed it yet. The Waze result will not get the wrong road.
I added my house number more than a week ago but only moved it closer to the road yesterday. I'll give it some time and see if that fixes it.
Coxymla
Send a message

Post by Coxymla
No doubt, but shouldn't the road be as long on the map as it is in real life?

When the driveways for the houses get added it could probably be shortened without affecting the new houses' routing.
Coxymla
Send a message

Post by glomp
The new road/cul-de-sac you added is probably too long and is also affecting how routing is happening.
glomp
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by glomp
We don't always map to real life for various reasons.
If you map the street too long, it won't recognise that you have reached the end when you have driven to the end of the cul-de-sac.
glomp
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by ispyisail
There are also other ways but it easier to look at the example.

usually we us a permalink

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Permalink

Unfortunately you told us it was your house so you probably no so keen now. (Fair enough)
ispyisail
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by ispyisail
glomp wrote:We don't always map to real life for various reasons.
If you map the street too long, it won't recognise that you have reached the end when you have driven to the end of the cul-de-sac.
GPS accuracy again?
ispyisail
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by KTCAOP
Yeap! There are a few ways to go about this.

After adjusting the HN - it is important to note that you would need to have deleted the entry for your home in the history and to do a fresh search, and this is the important part, by pressing the *search* button and not using one of the drop down menus.

If adjusting the HN didn't work - then we can try doing a residential point place, or adjusting the source of the address.
KTCAOP
Send a message