Post by TimAThing
While I've voted for the first option, I'd add that I vote in advance to support any exceptions needed to not break TTS for already-mapped roads, particularly all of the deprecated options currently listed on the proposed list.

(Note: I've updated that list slightly: on the "to be decided" list where we had a couple of options listed, I've preferred Glomp's choice over IP Australia.)
TimAThing
Country Manager
Country Manager
Answers: 1
Send a message
L5, State Manager for NSW and Tasmania
Country Manager, Australia

Post by Traveling_Gav
Looks great. Only question I have is what is the story with Motorway. Shouldn't it be in the first table?
Traveling_Gav
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by Traveling_Gav
Yep agreed. Can everyone just vote if they are happy with the proposed list so we can move this along. All we are looking to agree on is what the abbreviations are moving forward. What is in the map currently will still be supported. As I mentioned earlier I am happy although I did have a question about why Motorway isnt in the first table?
Traveling_Gav
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by Traveling_Gav
Coxymla wrote:That is a job for the map renderer to worry about. It is much easier to turn the canonical name into an abbreviation than the other way around.
Whilst this is true (and I like it as a concept) the reality is that there is very limited dialog with Waze HQ. So I think it is prudent to work with the display as it is rather than clutter it up and ask Waze to implement a decluttering algorithm.
Traveling_Gav
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by Traveling_Gav
Has there been any progress with this?

Also I have noticed that the airplane symbol is now being read out as "airplane" when it previously was skipped over. I know I am asking a lot here but if we are asking for changes in the TTS can we have that symbol changed to say airport??
Traveling_Gav
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message