Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Post by supersleeper
karjan wrote:Also I think you have to have driven within a certain distance of the road your trying to edit.
Yes - this was the most frustrating thing for me when I started. Easily solved by asking to become an area manager. If you do ask, define the area you need to be looking after. I requested to become an area manager and was given the areas of roads that I had done at the time, which wasn't a lot. Sent another email, and presto - I'm able now to edit every road in Newcastle and surrounding suburbs.

Takes time, needs patience and we're all growing with the software and maps that are being developed.

Cheers
Darron

PS - had a laugh at the Australian Language forum...is that 'cause we speak 'stralian mate and nobody can understand a work we're saying?
supersleeper
Send a message

Post by supersleeper
lucus30 wrote:Hi guys new here,

Just wondering how to I apply for to be a area manager, I live in Rowville and the suburb doesnt appear to be listed so i cant change any of the roads... any ideas or help?
Lucus, you have to name the road yourself - if you've mapped the road, you can name it's street name and "city" (suburb)

...in Australia we're using the convention "suburb, state" as the "city name" - it works well.
supersleeper
Send a message

Post by support
Hi,

only area managers can delete landmarks at their area.

Thanks,
Liron- support team
support
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message