Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Editing waze maps where no mobile coverage

Post by mcSpeedy135
I recently drove across rural NSW and there are several missing roads. Google Maps would take me the direct route and approx 2 hours to the destination, whereas Waze would take a very indirect route and about 6 hours due to roads missing in the Waze maps.

These areas didn't have mobile coverage and the Waze drives for these routes didn't show up in my drives, except for spotty patches. Therefore I can't add the roads myself as they are not in editable areas for me (and probably why no one else has added these roads to the map)

What is the best way to add these roads to the map? Report each one here, or apply for area manager for that area and add them?

Cheers, McSpeedy
mcSpeedy135

POSTER_ID:17387289

Send a message

Post by mcSpeedy135
Its the roads going between Denilquin and Swan Hill, they are actually nice to drive but not on the waze maps. I felt a bit lost driving through a big grey area :)

And yes, the trip recording when no coverage hasn't improved at all!
mcSpeedy135
Send a message

Post by mcSpeedy135
stevethompson49 wrote: I've applied twice using that form and I've not even received an acknowledgement of my application(s).
Yeah, I never got any acknowledgement of my application either.
mcSpeedy135
Send a message

Post by mcSpeedy135
Thanks, will give it a go.
mcSpeedy135
Send a message

Post by theclem54
Definitely, apply for Area Manager for the area: viewtopic.php?f=56&t=59583

Requesting a rural area is low risk and you should not be knocked back, especially if the area is largely empty. Obtain the permalink from the live map, though, so that you can get a large enough area selected.
theclem54
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by Traveling_Gav
You certainly can apply for an AM. Other than those with all of Australia access I am not sure if anyone else looks after rural NSW. I have AM status in a rectangle from near Molong in the NE to near Denilquin in the SW so I might be able to draw some in for you although I thought I had done most of the major ones in this area so you might be talking about further north?
Traveling_Gav
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by Traveling_Gav
Also the recent update to improve offline support for traffic reports obviously hasnt extended to the driven route :-(
Traveling_Gav
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message