Spurious cameras added by non-users?

Post by glomp
They are either actual users or users who do not have an actual Waze account.
Every user has a numeric identidifier which is associated with the users details.
What is happening is the user name is not being populated properly when clicking on the camera or hovering over it if using one of the scripts that are available.
It could be a time out issue that is causing it to happen. I get the same thing happen on occassions and generally a refresh of the screen loads the user name.
glomp
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

POSTER_ID:9760856

Send a message

Post by B_Carp
ZippySwift wrote:I know on a normal day, WA has jumped from 400 to 1200 nearby users.
Yep, I've gone from 500-1000 nearby users to about 2000-2500 recently in sydney.
B_Carp
Send a message

Post by glomp
ituajr wrote:Also, I suspect that wazer(1) isn't a real user, as he/she/it has been adding fake cameras from Perth to Cairns.
Wazer(1) users are users who never registered or created an account/username and is the default name given to them.

Cameras wont show in the map until they have been approved, so you really don't need to do anything. They are deleted after a couple of weeks if nothing is done to the unapproved cameras.

You should only be able to delete a camera if your editor level is the same or higher than the last editor.

You can keep track of cameras using the UROverview Plus script, so you only need to track the real cameras. This will show if cameras have been modified or deleted.

Here in WA, no cameras have been modified or deleted since that media story. ;) However a bucket load of false and duplicated ones have been reported unfortunatley. :evil: :cry:
glomp
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jberkers42
For what it's worth, I have seen dozens of spurious speed and red light cameras being added since around the same time. Like others, many of these are on streets without traffic lights, and sometimes at the end of a court/cul-de-sac.

I've been actively deleting the ones I know don't exist along my travel routes.

Along the Monash Freeway, some of the reported speed cameras appear to be in places where there is a construction speed sign, so perhaps some drivers are assuming that they have a speed camera attached (which these don't).

Due to the above, I have wondered whether some of the reports are the result of the some-time "speed advisory" trailers that are sometimes placed in suburban streets. They also don't have cameras, but they have a radar/laser that advises what speed you are doing, and an encouragement/discouragement message depending on whether you are under/over the speed limit.
jberkers42
Send a message
https://s.waze.tools/c3s.png
70,000 Km Driven with Waze
33 Km Paved

Post by Traveling_Gav
Wow those are big numbers. No excuse for Waze not working optimally!
Traveling_Gav
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by Traveling_Gav
DauserShenkt wrote:Other than a slight annoyance, I generally find the 'old' reports for roadworks that are locked in and cannot be edited, to be the one that bugs me most.
Yes. I have reported them to Intelematics but they sometimes go away for a while and then come back!
Traveling_Gav
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by ZippySwift
I think the majority get confused between the police and speed camera option. They usually think X trails should be marked under speed camera as compared to Police>Hidden, I know I did when I started out. I think in the short run it'll be causing more issues for us but in the long run everyone benefits from real reports and up to date information. I know on a normal day, WA has jumped from 400 to 1200 nearby users.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
ZippySwift
Send a message